You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Slash & Conspirators NEW album Living the Dream

FlashFlood wrote:

I think my main problem with it is that it has too much Myles influence. The chorus sounds like it could be one of those uplifting, cheerful Alter Bridge tracks.

Contrast that with Halo. Halo is true Slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think my main problem with it is that it has too much Myles influence. The chorus sounds like it could be one of those uplifting, cheerful Alter Bridge tracks.

Contrast that with Halo. Halo is true Slash.

yeah totally.

There's a couple of songs I really liked on World On Fire - but overall I felt that whole album felt a lot more Myles than the last one.  And so far this one seems to be moving in the same direction.

Apocalyptic Love to me was the recent album that had the most GNR-style slash riffs (aside from that I think it's probably 5'Clock).

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

New Single "Mind Your Manners"

Fun song. Like it better than Driving Rain but it does kind of fall into the Slash trap of "I have a riff lets make it a song." vs. actually writing and putting thought into a song. I like the backing vocals in the chorus and the production.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

New Single "Mind Your Manners"

Fun song. Like it better than Driving Rain but it does kind of fall into the Slash trap of "I have a riff lets make it a song." vs. actually writing and putting thought into a song. I like the backing vocals in the chorus and the production.

Kind of a shit throw away track.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I can't hear anything over that... noise

But yeah, sounds pretty non-exceptional.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I really don’t like the combination of Myles’ high pitched nasal vocals, with Todd’s even higher pitched vocal harmonies. It just sounds bad to my ears.

Myles’ higher pitch works in Alter Bridge because Mark Tremonti sings lower key harmonies with him instead.

But the Myles/Todd combo just ends up ruining whatever cool might be going on underneath by Slash

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Comments disabled and not available to view in the US. Hmmm my comments must have really shook them.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is a really good song. Great Slash solo.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Slash did a pretty much useless AMA on Reddit yesterday. I’d link to it but don’t want to waste anybody’s time.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Slash did a pretty much useless AMA on Reddit yesterday. I’d link to it but don’t want to waste anybody’s time.

Sad to hear that.

Loving the album

Board footer