You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2019?

johndivney wrote:

You know what would be great, if they came out with a record like Illusions 1.

I suppose the next official release will be illusions 1 anniversary edition. Amazing record. If they managed to capture it today it’d blow minds.

Will new music be released in 2019?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 0%
Yes, Q3 33%
Yes, Q4 8%
Not in this decade 25%
Not in this lifetime 33%
Total votes: 24
jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

So they've just announced more NITL dates....

Surely they will need something out to keep this train rolling?

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

So. Rumors come to South America too. But if they released the album next year, should not they go on tour simultaneously for their promotion? Not in this lifetime?...........

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So they've just announced more NITL dates....

Surely they will need something out to keep this train rolling?

Are you  kidding me?  Gosh, 2016 seems soo long ago. Great show, great night, my anticipation for any new material pretty much ended there. Woulda been a bonus, hard to believe 3 years later they're still trying to keep the train rolling.

Sky Dog wrote:

Classic.....train rolling? No. Milking the old man greatest hits cover band cash cow? Yes. 10

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

Classic.....train rolling? No. Milking the old man greatest hits cover band cash cow? Yes. 10

Oh, for fuck's sake, stop banging this drum. They have songs. Duff just said in an interview that he wrote 70 songs for Tenderness, and he only used 15 of them. Axl, Fortus, Dizzy and Frank have god knows how many songs stored up from the Chinese Democracy years. Slash is a riff machine. Melissa's an accomplished songwriter who's bound to have some ideas to bring to the table, to say nothing of the backroom team of GN'R family like Brain and Paul Huge, etc etc.

In every single interview they've said that there's an appetite to get down to business and record an album. And this is not like Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba trying to engage a demoralised, disinterested Axl, this is the record breaking NITL line-up with the bit between their teeth. This is not Axl trying to sell a disinterested record company on yet another new line-up, this is the three most recognisable members of the classic band, back together and coming off the back of a world-beating tour. They are popular again, they know it, and there is surely a desire to ensure that the last album in their discography isn't Chinese Democracy, however much that album has a cult following.

There is going to be a new album.

Stop pissing and moaning, for fuck's sake.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

New album is coming. 100% no doubt.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

What they said.

As I have said previously, switch off until the second half of November, then we'll take a poke about. Nothing happening until then

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m not pissing and moaning about anything....just laughing.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

there is surely a desire to ensure that the last album in their discography isn't Chinese Democracy

that's gotta be the biggest motivating factor of all.

elevendayempire wrote:

There is going to be a new album.

what if they called the album not in this lifetime? 18

Board footer