You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Rex wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Whats funny is they're reviewing games they've never played.

That really says alot about their brainwashing, doesn't it? 

Rex wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the greatest game I have ever had the pleasure of playing in my life.

Well put young Gunslinger!  It is freaking amazing.  I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 5 as well.  There are some excellent games out and coming now. 

For you Madden fans I just read a review the other day about this year's game and it is being hailed as possibly the best one in the franchise's 20 yr history!!  Madden first appeared in 88 and this is the 20th anniversary so it looks like they are not pulling any punches on this one.

This is one I will be picking up, and playing online...for free because I got rid of the Xbox for this PS3. big_smile

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

it appears for you F1 fans, that codemasters have obtained the license for the rights of gaming for formula one racing

the next installment will be in 2009.

we havent had a f1 game since formula one championship edition for the ps3, missing hamiltons debut and follow up season!!

shame, i really love thos games, and with SECC doing a great job, im suprised they lost the license.

be intresting what codemasters can off, with the TOCA Driver series they do which is very good

i wonder what TOCA GRID will be like on the ps3 yikes

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I hope so.

I just got a Ps3 and I want to stream videos from my computer of bootlegs and stuff like that but most of them are not in formats it reads. I've been having trouble finding a decent video conversion program. Does any one have any recomendations? I don't mind paying for it, but I dont want to buy it and then discover it doesn't work well. It needs to be easy to use for the dumb like me - and basicly convert stuff .asf .qt .mov .mpg to formats I can stream to my ps3 using windows media player smile

Thanks for any help smile

EDIT: Figured this shit out now...for anyone who wants to stream i recommend using  TVersity that converts almost everything...on the fly.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I got Metal Gear Solid 4 the other day and it's absolutley awesome. It's the best next gen game so far imo, it looks sensational, it plays brilliantly the story so far is great and not ridiculously complicated which MGS2 was guilty of. If anything I can imagine hardcore MGS fans might not like it as much simply because it relies less on stealth than the other games, it's a lot easier to fight 4 or 5 enemy soldiers and win the battle than it was in MGS or MGS2, therefore sneaking around doesn't feel quite as essential. Not sure how far in I am, it feels like I've been playing for hours and I've only just defeated the first proper boss.

Anybody else got this game? If not I recommend you buy it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I'm considering trading in a 360 for PS3. Anyone able to help persuade me to do or not do as I suggested.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

The 360 will be the only machine getting extra content for GTA this fall.

Gears of War 2 comes out in November. 

More Mass Effect sometime in the future.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

GTA IV turned out to be very samey to the originals and I really am not fussed about it. Also I dunno why but I can never get into GoW. Dunno why?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I wonder why no add on material for PS3?

What do you mean?

Board footer