You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

jamester wrote:

COULD IT BE!? Duke Nukem Forever set for 5/3/11 US release, 14 years after being 1st announced
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch … -date.aspx
Exclusive: Duke Nukem Forever Has A Release Date, New Trailer
News
by Jeff Cork on January 21, 2011 at 07:00 AM
duke0120-610.jpg
Duke Nukem Forever has been in development for a little while. To give you a sense of just how much time has passed since it was first announced, Gran Turismo--a series known for its punctuality--saw releases 1-5 hit shelves in the intervening years. Skepticism turned to actual anticipation last September, when Gearbox unveiled Duke Nukem Forever in playable form at PAX. OK, so the game was really, really, real. A lingering question remained, however: When would we be able to finally take this thing home and play it?

As it turns out, we now know when that's happening.

"Somehow the guys at Game Informer magazine discovered Duke Nukem Forever's launch date before I did," joked Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and executive producer of Duke Nukem Forever. "But I cannot imagine any better video game news source team than Game Informer to reveal the moment of truth for the most inconceivable, incorrigible and inspiring turn around story in the history of the video game industry – the coming of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011."

“The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here,” says Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “May 3, 2011 marks Duke’s return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history!”

May 3 is the North American release date. May 6 is worldwide.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hopefully GNR won't bring out another album this year then, or it just could trigger the apocalypse.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And like Chinese Democracy, this game WILL NEVER live up to the hype.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i heard dragon age: origins is pretty awesome

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the first one is cool

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If you liked the PC Dungeon And Dragons games like "Neverwinter Nights" and "Temple Of Elemental Evil".

"Dragon Age" is a more comercial and faster version of one of them. Was a good game, just don't bother with the "Download Add Ons/Expansions".

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Dragon age origins and the expansion awakening are some of the best games to come out in a long time....well prolly the only decent D&D type single player in a long time.  I just finished it.  I would recomend it played on the PC  there are mods from The Nexus to modify anything you may not like out or some goodies in. The Mage if finally good enuff to solo with !

I just started the GOTY version of Oblivion elder scrolls.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

finished the force unleashed II last night...i chose the dark side path...gonna fight vader again and choose the light side

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer