You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

Just picked up far cry 3 on my way home tonight...about to pop it in, looks pretty good from reviews and such

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Got a GREAT deal promo code from UPlay.com to buy Farcry 3 for PC for only $15 bucks, new.

$15 bucks, no shit.

Then found out my PC doesn't have the requirements to run it. Bummer of the season. sad

AtariLegend wrote:

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Me and my dad got a couple games for 360 for X-mas this year. Downloaded most of the Walking Dead game and finished parts 1 & 2. Pretty good so far. Had a few trouble with finding some things; but I eventually was able to fix that problem. (WITH FAQs) xD Hoping to pick up and play Halo 4 sometime soon. Also downloaded Skullgirls. Pretty unique fighting game with an awesome character design and interface. Just like all the fighting games out there, the arcade & story modes aren't fun. Played the PS3 version with friends and at my birthday party before I decided to commit to purchasing it.

johndivney wrote:

i finally d/led Journey off PSN - it was in those 12 days [before] christmas deals w/The Unfinished Swan (wtf?!).

i played it this morning & gotta say it is worth all the hype & brouhaha.

it's slight & short (concise?) but still somehow epic & grand.
you have two buttons aside from the direction, jump & shout. for someone who absolutely loathes the elaborate button configuration of most modern games, Journey really is right up my street.

it does go by really quick, but there's a good amount of fun to be had (once you get past the slightly annoying carpet/path building stage). surfing sand dunes/flying magic carpets & just flying are all elements mixed in w/on-rails, puzzle & action sequences.
the co-op element is, for me, perfect. your companion drops in or out & there's no communication & you don't even get their name until the end of the game. & there's no way for them to spoil the game for you or vice versa. it adds an extra dimension to the game, a bit of company in an otherwise mostly desolated world.

it's just a great experience. a great journey!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

Me_Wise-

I just finished Episode 5 of The Walking Dead the other day. The whole game is as good as people say it is.

john-

That's good to hear about Journey. That's one I keep hearing the hype about but haven't jumped on yet. I should watch for a sale on it.

I still need to buy Episode 5.  Going to buy it either with my card or wait till another Xbox Microsoft card is in my sight to pick up. Thanks for the telling me that. Everyone else is telling me it has a great emotion and depth to the decisions you make and so far I can agree. The character and environments are well done. They are a few hiccups on the version I downloaded; but nothing too serious that ruins the game play. Some objects around the level design were hard to find. Love having a controller to play this game though. Originally I was going to purchase the whole season on Steam since it's on sale; but I may use that sale for another game instead.  I had enough Microsoft Points off those gift cards to get 3 of the episodes and the full version of Skullgirls since the trial and first episode of TWD is free.

AtariLegend wrote:

Started playing GTA San Andreas for first time in years a while back, obviously still great...

However around half way the developers decide to jack off by having mission every few, involving traveling most of the way around the state for almost no reason just to show of how big of a game it is. It's actually pretty annoying, if your not taking Helicopter.

One example is Cesar who lives in garage in San Fiero with you at that point having you take a 10-15 minute journey by car to the middle of no where to meet up with him, just for him to ask you drive him/you to another place several minutes away just to start mission.

Saying that though, there's some awesome missions there I forgot, like the missions late on in Los Santos story line, where Smoke drives the car/bike in a fucking insane way, ripping off Terminator 2 Truck scene ect while getting chased by police with you shooting for once.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Just picked up Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition. Anyone play it? I've only put maybe 30 minutes in so far, but I've already had to.follow someone around on a horse three times. Hope its a better game than that...

Board footer