You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

New dual shock is really ugly atm hopefully gets nicer design closer to launch

johndivney wrote:

Killzone LOOKED great but that's no real surprise
The surprise is they're actually showing game footage
Such a lot of crappy fluff being talked just get to the action ffs obv there's no proper stuff ready to be shown - have they rushed this thing? That drive club looked rubbish

johndivney wrote:

No console or price about 3 games shown (if even)
Can't believe I stayed up for that am a sucker

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm really surprised that Sony decided to go ahead and make another console considering what a disaster the PS3 was. Hopefully they reveal a strong launch lineup, otherwise this thing is gonna fall flat. Killzone is cool and all, but Destiny is not going to come out this year, and the other games are multi-platform. They also need to make it the right price

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The biggest key will be price and games. Nobody in the holiday season is gonna run out and spend $600 large on a PS4 with some gay Warcraft-style game, priced at $70. They're just not.

The gaming graphics weren't really that impressive either. Considering this is ANOTHER next-gen console, you'd figure by now they'd have the technology to put out games that have graphics that look like high-budget Hollywood films. Think Avatar, in your home.

Ultimately I think this will come down to the little things. How does it FEEL to play it. How interactive is it. When you crush or kill something, how realistic does it feel. How fast are loading times, how smooth does it look. Those will be the things that sell it imo.

Because from what i've seen... there's not near the upgrade in graphics from the PS3 to justify the rumored $450-530 price point. It just looks like a PC with a PS brand slapped on it. Big deal. A PC can and does do alot more.

johndivney wrote:

the price'll be sub-£300/$300

i thought Killzone looked great graphically but seemed like the bog standard FPS it is.

overall it seemed like a missed opportunity from sony - there was no Last Guardian or even Drake, not the mention the frankly bizarre decision not to unveil the actual machine.

a lot of the trailers i thought were graphically top draw, the capcom one especially (looked far bar than Avatar does when not in 3D). but they weren't in-game/gameplay footage so it's like wtf is the point?

Watch Dogs & Destiny are both coming out on PS3 as well?! jesus christ what's the point, shades of nintendo' leap from gamecube to wii.
& they're both multiplatform too - the only thing they have is some exclusive content for Watch Dogs but whose to say there won't be other exclusive content on the new Xbox the way this gen's releases work? in fact it was weird Activision basically gave their presentation over to Bungie & Destiny, that part really had nothing to do w/Sony at all rather just a mens to hype Activisions publishing of the new Bungie game, & to end the show with such a whimper was stupid. at least they didn't show crappy sequels i guess...

really crappy show from sony.

johndivney wrote:

Fwiw I read today PS3 has sold more than 360 worldwide, but in the USA 360 has sold more than PS3. Unfortunately article didn't mention figures to back it up but I'd have no prob believing it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The biggest key will be price and games. Nobody in the holiday season is gonna run out and spend $600 large on a PS4 with some gay Warcraft-style game, priced at $70. They're just not.

The gaming graphics weren't really that impressive either. Considering this is ANOTHER next-gen console, you'd figure by now they'd have the technology to put out games that have graphics that look like high-budget Hollywood films. Think Avatar, in your home.

Ultimately I think this will come down to the little things. How does it FEEL to play it. How interactive is it. When you crush or kill something, how realistic does it feel. How fast are loading times, how smooth does it look. Those will be the things that sell it imo.

Because from what i've seen... there's not near the upgrade in graphics from the PS3 to justify the rumored $450-530 price point. It just looks like a PC with a PS brand slapped on it. Big deal. A PC can and does do alot more.

I'm not much of a gamer but I really like the PS3 as a media center device. I bought mine 5 years ago primarily as a Blu-ray player because standalone players cost more than the PS3 at the time. I only own 3 video games for it. One of these days I will need to replace it with another PS3, so I'm hoping the PS4 causes the price to drop for the PS3. big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree, it's my favorite aspect of the PS3. I re-upped and bought another one last fall, that was the super-slim that's far smaller than my original fat PS3.

I remained absolutely stunned at everything it does, creates, moves... it's just an amazing device that does everything the best there is to do it. I love it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I agree, it's my favorite aspect of the PS3. I re-upped and bought another one last fall, that was the super-slim that's far smaller than my original fat PS3.

I remained absolutely stunned at everything it does, creates, moves... it's just an amazing device that does everything the best there is to do it. I love it.

There are two flaws with it that I've come across. The Wi-Fi connection is slower than you would expect. The YouTube app is also a pain in the ass to use. I have an Apple TV and the YouTube app on there is a lot easier to use. Other than that, it's a pretty awesome machine.

Board footer