You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ Ashba Recalls GN'R Fans Insulting Him After Taking Slash's Position

Sky Dog wrote:

One way or the other. The Bumblefoot Ashba combo was beyond lame and I don’t blame Ron.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

As much as I like Hulk Hogan I also got tired of DJ doing the hand to the ear taunt.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Robin mattered. 

The band was a joke when he left before Chinese Democracy dropped.

That's when I stopped following the band.

I fucking hated that guy.

Ron you know what I loved Buckethead over him. But, the dude was mellow, and friendly with the fans. So I never sent the hate his way.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Ron you know what I loved Buckethead over him. But, the dude was mellow, and friendly with the fans. So I never sent the hate his way.

I agree. Ron was just a guy in a bad spot but he handled it well. Was a cool dude, didn't pretend "He" was Guns N Roses. Just played the songs, was cool to fans, and didn't ham it up like Guns was his. Surprised Tommy never bailed once it became a circus act, it lost alot of credibility but I suppose was a paycheck, especially once touring, as cheesy as it became.

Ashba was a douche but I was checking out by that point.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

If Ron’s tone didn’t sound like farts his contributions to CD would be more appreciated.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

sad how axl and team brazil look at the message boards in such a negative light

Swampfox
 Rep: 0 

Swampfox wrote:

Ashba is the only member of GnR I could never take a liking too.  Too cheesy and tried way too hard.  I really liked Ron live but it's a shame his solo replaced Brian May's on CITR.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Ballad of Death and his Better remix were great and he had charisma and stage presence that line up needed. Not the OG line up or the maverick geniuses that made CD but as a touring band Dj improved the show either if you were a casual fan or wanted GNR more hair than freaks. As uncool as Ron was, Dj balanced that out. Dj’s Patience solo was mind blowing. Axl and Dj had chemistry. I hope those 12 DJ demos leak. Baz said once that there was a Axl Dj song and he’d heard it. Fortus said he had worked with Dj on material. There could be something out there. Atlas Shrugged though, c’mon.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash is a freak. I’ll take freaks.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

Who would waste their time calling him a homo.

There's so many better insults that could be tossed at that walking billboard of douchebagary.

Board footer