You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Who leaked these songs and why?

jimmythegent wrote:
bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I would like to think most people know who the leaker is, and I think it would be better to put this to bed sooner rather than later so everyone can move forward. JMO

I have no idea who it is?

Me neither but I agree dragging this out is no good.

Yeah listen , I in know way would want anyone to get in trouble legally if that’s what people are driving at

Was merely interested in theories regarding the GnR camps involvement or not etc

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I have no idea who it is?

Me neither but I agree dragging this out is no good.

Yeah listen , I in know way would want anyone to get in trouble legally if that’s what people are driving at

Was merely interested in theories regarding the GnR camps involvement or not etc

Same here. I had just assumed people had guessed who it was. Nevermind though.

I don't think the band are behind it, it's too random. They appear to have managed the leaks well, and I think there is some positives to take from the whole saga. They get some feedback on the tracks and we can see the hard work Axl put into the album and how unfairly treated he was by the record label.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

What bugs me the most (besides why the hell so many great songs were left unreleased??) is the complete radio silence from the media.
That is why I don't think the band had any hand in the leaks.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I think the silence is a good thing. I am maybe delusional, haha, but if the band do have this six month timeframe for a new album, it's better to keep the leaks contained to a few people and let the press concentrate on the new album when the ball starts rolling. I am hoping the band premiere Hard School at the LV concerts which always stood out, to me at least, as 'different' to the other tour dates on the current run.

In my head, the next phase for the band is as big as their Coachella debut and I'd rather see the general public getting excited about that rather than these leaks

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Yes but how come nobody report it?
Could be they've asked to press not to write about it because something is going to happen?
#wishfulthinking

AtariLegend wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

Yes but how come nobody report it?
Could be they've asked to press not to write about it because something is going to happen?
#wishfulthinking

20 year old demos, most are instrumentals from a now defunct band. Atlas Shrugged/Silkworms were supposedly in circulation for years, most just didn't get them. Classic Rock heard them years ago, supposedly so did Mick Wall? Hardschool was presumably as well (checkmate). A different Silkworms demo was leaked years ago too as was Goin' Down.

So I guess that leaves State of Grace, Nothing, Perhaps and Tommy Demo 1. It's just not a big deal, unless you've been following along with the saga. The media intrique with the album was lost when it was released.

Elvis for example is awesome, but the only person on that track if at all, still in the band is Dizzy Reed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That line up means something to us. If this were new music by Slash & Axl that would be different.

I still think there's more of those 06 leaks. It was long held during that whole saga that The General was about to drop, and Axl lost his shit about it. So I wonder if there was some kind of pay off, because that went silent fast.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That line up means something to us. If this were new music by Slash & Axl that would be different.

I still think there's more of those 06 leaks. It was long held during that whole saga that The General was about to drop, and Axl lost his shit about it. So I wonder if there was some kind of pay off, because that went silent fast.

AtariLegend wrote:

Weirdly tmz just decided to pick up this story. There isn't alot new though.

Getty
EXCLUSIVE
GUNS N' ROSES
Pissed At Fan Over Leaked Music ...
WELCOME TO THE LEGAL JUNGLE!!!

1/2/2020 12:35 PM PT
12:35 PM PT -- A rep for the band tells TMZ, "It is tremendously disappointing, sad, and unfortunate that a record executive involved with the band in their early years found it appropriate to auction off the unreleased materials owned by his former employer."
A titan in the music biz is threatening a Guns N' Roses superfan with a huge lawsuit ... claiming the guy leaked a ton of the band's unreleased songs over the internet.

Here's the deal ... Guns N' Roses claims Rick Dunsford leaked 97 previously unreleased songs over the web after obtaining the recordings from a storage unit auction, and UMG -- which owns the copyrights -- is threatening to sue him for a ton of money.

UMG's legal team fired off a cease and desist letter to Rick -- obtained by TMZ -- claiming Dunsford violated an earlier settlement agreement in which UMG paid him $15k to return the recordings.

The dispute traces its roots back to when Guns N' Roses' former A&R guy Tom Zutaut auctioned off a storage unit filled with digital recordings of GNR music from 2000 and 2001.

Rick, a die-hard GNR fan, claims he and some fellow fans bought the music from the storage unit for $15,000. We're told the band's management later caught wind of the transaction, and agreed to pay Rick $15k to sell the music back to them.

Problem is ... UMG claims Rick started leaking the songs a month after he struck the deal, and now UMG is threatening him with legal action.

For his part, Rick claims someone else is leaking the tunes, and he says he told GNR management about the leaks from the jump.

It gets even worse for the superfan ... Rick's been issued a lifetime ban from Guns N' Roses shows.

We reached out to reps for the band ... so far, radio silence.

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/02/guns-n-r … usic-leak/

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Zutaut didn’t auction off the contents of his locker, he forfeited them when he didn’t pay his bill.

Presumably the storage locker company then auctioned off the contents.

Board footer