You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

It seems some people are coming down with it after they were cleared. Either they caught it twice (mutations) or its staying in the body and going dormant.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The deaths are just getting started. It takes weeks for many of the sick to die.

It’s tough to say we overreacted if it turns out not as bad as we thought. Perhaps the reaction kept it from being worse? It’s a tough one. But one thing can’t be disputed: people are sick and dying at rates in some cities that is overwhelming hospitals. People dying in hallways, bodies being stacked up in empty rooms. That’s not normal.

That’s the leap of faith we are taking right now. I think it’s really hard to know how much of an effect our stay at home orders are having.

A very dangerous aspect of this is that the more successful the strategy is, the more it’s going to seem like we did overreact.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think rational people can put two and two together, and even then, it's best to be safe than sorry. Another aspect will be places that continue to suffer with it well after we clear the curve. Like Russia.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyway watch the concert last night?  I thought Taylor Swift was incredible:

Saw like the preshow or lesser known acts beforehand, the guy who sings Despacito did a really good rendition.

https://youtu.be/87-ZFjLfBAQ?t=19400

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think rational people can put two and two together, and even then, it's best to be safe than sorry. Another aspect will be places that continue to suffer with it well after we clear the curve. Like Russia.

No, see this is either pure ignorance or just sheeple thinking.  More and more "rational" people and the data are indicating that we overreacted. It's not better to be safe than sorry when your definition of "safe" hurt way more people than the virus has.  It's way, way, WAY too early to make statements like better safe than sorry.  Let's table that talk until a year from now and we've gone through any potential additional cycles because we don't know and based on the fudging of the numbers we may never know.

There's a LOT that can change and there are all sorts of guesses not yet supported by fact like the virus is going to come back worse in September and things along those line.  NOBODY knows that...not the so-called experts, not the media, not the president, and certainly not you.

Here's what we know: death numbers are significantly below what was projected.  Cities are much more prone to being hotspots than rural areas.  Hospitals have been so under-utilized that many (especially in rural areas) are laying off staff - now I know you're going to give all the credit for that to social distancing while not even considering the possibility that we overreacted.  I don't have the numbers, but it certainly seems like in the US that almost all of the deaths have been the elderly (nursing homes hit hard - that's where your bodies are piling up) and those with health issues that are not controlled.  Yes, there have been a few (very few) that don't fit that category, but since they are just assuming everyone these days died from this so the numbers come out to justify their decision making, you have to take those with a grain of salt.

People shit on China (rightfully so) for their reporting and we're basically doing the same thing but in the other direction...we want it to be a bigger deal than it is because we have to justify the reaction.  The blame game is going on from both sides; every state is trying to outdo the reaction from other states...it's complete insanity.  Something that shouldn't be political at all has been completely fucked up by politicians.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The cases are low because we're self quarantining.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Ugh...I thought we had been through this...

We can't have people from rural areas roaming freely through out the world while the rest of us quarantine. It defeats the purpose.

The only thing that I can infer from your insistence on making this point repeatedly is that you believe firmly in the survival of the fittest stuff in times like these. The belief that 'if it's your time, it's your time' and the rest of us have to keep on keepin' on is at least something I can understand.

But I certainly don't agree with it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The cases are low because we're self quarantining.

Going to let you in on a secret (not really a secret since I said it weeks ago):  The number of cases isn't low.  Estimates I've seen in the last couple days say 50 - 85 times the numbers reported at this point.  Let's say it's only 20 times to be super conservative.  That's not low because of social distancing...it's high in spite of social distancing.  And think about this...20 times more cases with the same number of deaths in spite of the fact that they have admittedly been fudging the death numbers upward.  What does that make the death rate?

Weeks ago I told you guys this and you mocked me. Well signs are pointing towards me being more right than wrong...so again I have to ask was it all worth it?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation- … ad951e4492

I’m just gonna put this right here.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I thought over the weekend of the possibility these State Government protests are created & pushed by russian troll campaigns.  FB & Twitter accounts with 200-1000 followers retweeting & sharing posts about supposed 'Take To The Capital Building Protest', then for each acct 10 morons follow along & goto it.

Board footer