You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't 1918 bro.

Yeah, and Nyquil & Robitussin won't fix it either tho, so our human bodies are little advanced than we were in 1918. You're "smart" phone doesn't make you smarter, nor better able to outlive a virus.

No, you're right.  For some people they won't need anything.  There's a difference between taking it seriously and doing a ridiculous amount of damage to people's lives more than the virus ever would have.  People seem to think that there's no such thing as overreacting.  I disagree and something tells me when this all disappears in a few weeks and the actual damage being done is realized, people will see the light.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Since its so contageous its a difficult thing to manage, persoanlly i isually keep my distance from people, but some folks just natuarlly get right in peoples faces

I think if people act resonably then the management would be easier...but as a whole humanbeings can be idiots...lol

Its not me that im worried about its the other 600k assholes in my city

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

SiriusXM has a channel dedicated to the virus.  I listed to it a bit while I was working.  The channel was all doctors and it was interesting to hear very different opinions (if that's the right word) from the doctors. Clearly the answers people want aren't as clear as we'd like them top be.

There was on piece of advise I heard that even I thought was reckless: a person called in that had had open heart surgery earlier in life...I believe he was in his 70s now.  Their advice to him was to be cautious, but continue living your life. Not sure that's the advice I would have given that person, but hey, I'm not a doctor.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Two brothers were arrested near me for buying out hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes, like 17,000 in all, and price gouging for them on resell. They were charging $70 for hand sanitizer. The moment they were arrested they donated it all to charity, but they already took profits and are in deep shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

About halfway thru gets pretty tough, but worth watch.  & Cool Guns N Roses shirt (wait for it)

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Two brothers were arrested near me for buying out hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes, like 17,000 in all, and price gouging for them on resell. They were charging $70 for hand sanitizer. The moment they were arrested they donated it all to charity, but they already took profits and are in deep shit.

I think they went pretty viral, I'd heard about that here & my brother & I talked about it (He's in SLC)

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

My company completely gutted managment across all of our concepts yesterday. Fortunately I survived.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

My company completely gutted managment across all of our concepts yesterday. Fortunately I survived.

That's not good, but not surprising.  The damage being done to some people is going to take a long, long time to repair.  The damage to everybody is going to be impactful.  It's so sad when critical thinking goes out the window in response to panic.  Facts be damned, we're going to go overboard because it makes us feel like we're doing something.

Doctors aren't sending the same message that the media is...I mean sure, they are picking and choosing a few that support their hysteria and running their quotes any chance they get, but no doctor I've heard on an unbiased source is at this level of panic.  Some are less worried about it than I am (which is saying something).  I'm going to spend some more time listening to the doctors on SiriusXM today while I work since I can't stream youtube due to so many working from home on our network.  In 3 hours yesterday, it was pretty calm...if today is different, I'll gladly share.  When you get away from the liberal media, the story tends to be much different.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Right now they are talking about PTSD...the effects of the reaction to the virus.  The host was pro-quarantine, but he's indicating they have changed his mind on that.  Again, over and over he says "we don't know" this followed by "we don't know" that.  They are also discussing the stigma attached to those that test positive.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Right now they are talking about PTSD...the effects of the reaction to the virus.  The host was pro-quarantine, but he's indicating they have changed his mind on that.  Again, over and over he says "we don't know" this followed by "we don't know" that.  They are also discussing the stigma attached to those that test positive.

Are you drunk already today?

Board footer