You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Iceland 2018 soundboard full leak discussion

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Why. Why does Axl keep singing the "That's the spot where you run to me" bit of Slither wrong? Fucksake.

Because he’s a lazy motherfucker, and didn’t learn how the song goes. That part where he does that pisses me off too.

It’s funny, for years we daydreamed about how Axl would knock the Contraband material out of the park if he ever sang it, and here we are in the present, wishing he stayed the fuck away from it!

Sky Dog wrote:

Slither sucks and Axl is simply over the hill at this point. The boys need to reinvent themselves if they want to be remembered for anything other than AFD and UYI axl21duff

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Slither could be better, because Axl's made some bizarre choices while singing it. Scott's vocal register is lower than his, so he could do the whole thing in his Brownstone/It's So Easy voice, but for some reason he switches to a high register in the choruses.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, he goes full Mickey and it sounds fucking terrible.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ISTR someone mentioning that one reason he sounds better with AC/DC is that their vocal tech is better than GN'R's one; the guy adds some light distortion to the vocals, or something, which brings back the rasp? Whatever, Axl should pay the guy whatever he wants to come work for GN'R.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And Baz's vocal coach, the one who worked with him in 2006.

There's no reason he should be singing that high. There's absolutely no reason for it. Especially on songs he never sang that high on to begin with. He sounds good when he doesn't do it.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no reason he should be singing that high. There's absolutely no reason for it.

You've said it all.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no reason he should be singing that high. There's absolutely no reason for it.

You've said it all.

This thread has become a time machine to 2002...

Samwise
 Rep: 0 

Samwise wrote:

Can I get a link to this? I haven't heard it por favor

MrSpaghetti
 Rep: 0 

MrSpaghetti wrote:

Who leaked this soundboard? What is the history behind?

Board footer