You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fair or not, I think the stammering really hurts Biden.

Hillary "won" all her debates with Trump. And she pretty much did, imo. I actually thought Trump did better tonight than he did back then, too.

I think you probably know this, but he is a stutterer.

My son has a speech impediment and spent many years in special speech classes because of it. Took the short yellow bus and everything. You’ll get no agreement from me. My son will never outgrow it, just like Biden. It’ll be with him until the day he dies. It’s extremely tough and makes public speaking pretty much the worst thing in the world for my son. I admire Biden for fighting through it.

Dude, didn't know that. I know Biden's a stutterer, I meant when he didn't know what to say, which I think has more to do with his age.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I had/have a stutter.  I largely outgrew it in high school (middle school was torture and my writing style and ability largely started there since I couldn't express myself verbally), but it never fully goes away.  I've learned to quickly change words if I find myself stuck trying to articulate one, but still happens to this day.  Especially when I'm really stressed or nervous.  Biden does the same thing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump dominated tonight. Pence won his debate too. First debate was an epic cluster fuck.

Trump seems in command. Just was back tracking often, typical politician.

Seems to be your take no matter what happens...

I thought that was Trumps whole appeal....‘he’s not a politician,’ they’d say. Now he’s a ‘typical politician’?

Yes...it sounds like he exceeded everyone’s extremely low expectations of him. That’s about it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I had/have a stutter.  I largely outgrew it in high school (middle school was torture and my writing style and ability largely started there since I couldn't express myself verbally), but it never fully goes away.  I've learned to quickly change words if I find myself stuck trying to articulate one, but still happens to this day.  Especially when I'm really stressed or nervous.  Biden does the same thing.

It's interesting you mentioned the writing. My son writes constantly, and it's a way to get around the speaking issues he encounters. Our speech therapist didn't touch on this much, but we always suspected it was related. Speech pattern problems can also be linked to eating habits, and he is a very picky eater.

For me with that knowledge and maybe yours as well, the first debate was pure torture to watch. Not just because of what Trump was doing, but because you could tell Biden just couldn't counter quickly enough in part because of his issue. I'm not sure if you did (do) this, but it's also why Biden often goes to a repeated phrase like "Here's the deal" or "Look" before saying what he wants to say. It gives him that extra moment to focus.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's interesting you mentioned the writing. My son writes constantly, and it's a way to get around the speaking issues he encounters. Our speech therapist didn't touch on this much, but we always suspected it was related. Speech pattern problems can also be linked to eating habits, and he is a very picky eater.

For me with that knowledge and maybe yours as well, the first debate was pure torture to watch. Not just because of what Trump was doing, but because you could tell Biden just couldn't counter quickly enough in part because of his issue. I'm not sure if you did (do) this, but it's also why Biden often goes to a repeated phrase like "Here's the deal" or "Look" before saying what he wants to say. It gives him that extra moment to focus.

Be there for him.  My father didn't give a shit and the other kids made my life hell 6th-8th grade.  Left me with a chip on my shoulder and anger I didn't resolve until my early 30s.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Be there for him.  My father didn't give a shit and the other kids made my life hell 6th-8th grade.  Left me with a chip on my shoulder and anger I didn't resolve until m?y? ?e?a?r?l?y? ?3?0?s?.?  I began arguing with Mitch on a Guns N Roses message board

fixed. 

just kidding.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

This could be significant.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I voted early today...i had seriously contemplated not voting...i had thought that trump was going to win this thing because he could cut a mean wrestling promo.

Took almost an hour believe it or not...that’s how many people were there.

I was annoyed a bit but then i realized how awesome a sight this was...all these people standing out in the drizzling rain because they were absolutely determined to vote.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Apparently this is a Bernie Bro.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

If Texas goes Blue, which i didn’t think was possible but the early voting numbers are interesting me, this would be why.

Board footer