You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:

So was Obama fucked over with Garland or wasn’t he?  Do we follow the Biden rule or don’t we?  McConnell would be a hypocrite if he held a vote, but all of you who condemned 2016 should believe Trump gets to replace RBG like you believed Obama got to replace Scalia. Who are the hypocrites and partisans here?

This is absurd hyperbole....you know the stakes are enormous here. Only one side being honorable and ethical while the other side bends the rules past the point of breaking.

You’re saying one side is the hypocrite because we’re asking MConnell and the republicans to be consistent with their own rules?!

I mean...for real?!?

No, I’m saying if you were consistent you’d believe Trump gets to replace RBG. If you were a hyper partisan with no real conviction or belief, you’d argue whatever was convenient at the time.

I didn’t support McConnell’s actions in 2016, and I don’t support a vote now.

Huh?!

It’s pretty clear who the hypocrites are and will be. You don’t need to do all these mental gymnastics.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Right on time, Flagg, er, I mean Rocky ....

Can you explain why you’re voting for Biden without referencing Trump?  Are you capable of pointing to an actual policy difference or ideology?

Trump doesn’t have any policies...this is absurd...you’re defending the indefensible. Why do you always have to do that?!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Right on time, Flagg, er, I mean Rocky ....

Can you explain why you’re voting for Biden without referencing Trump?  Are you capable of pointing to an actual policy difference or ideology?

This is the stupidest fucking thing anyone has ever said on this forum by an enormous factor.

And that’s not even the topic at hand.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is anyone surprised they'll push through a nominee this close to the election? There's no rule against it, no one even tried to make a rule to stop it because everyone was going to do it if they had the chance.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I seriously doubt he even knows what tictok really is. That conspiracy theory is pure tinfoil stupidity. A lot of people have been calling for a ban,especially people he listens to like Tucker, along with the allied leaders he gets along with.

It’s pretty low on the list of issues right now regardless...and it’s not like he isn’t prone to that pettiness.

Well, that's kind of the official day to day job of the government to do these things, regardless of anyone's list of priorities.

misterID

misterID wrote:

THINGS CAN ONLY GET WORSE

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:

Let me reiterate since it wasn’t accepted the first time - if you bitched that Obama didn’t get to force the Republican Senate to accept his replacement of Scalia, you’re a complete fraud if you demand Republicans wait now.

If you supported the Biden rule in 2016, but now want to ignore it for political expediency, you’re a fraud.

If you want the filibuster repealed and the court packed, you lack any principles or convictions, and just desire power.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Let me reiterate since it wasn’t accepted the first time - if you bitched that Obama didn’t get to force the Republican Senate to accept his replacement of Scalia, you’re a complete fraud if you demand Republicans wait now.

If you supported the Biden rule in 2016, but now want to ignore it for political expediency, you’re a fraud.

If you want the filibuster repealed and the court packed, you lack any principles or convictions, and just desire power.

Yeah, fuck fairness and equality to all.  This is like saying 'If you believe  George Floyd should be a live & free then you believe the cop who sat on his neck for 9 minutes should be alive & free'.

McConnells one of the worst things to happen to US Politics ever. Screw Rocky & this dumb alias account, can we ban this fraud for stupidity?!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

BTW, I'm not so sure Murkowski  & Collins will be on board. I actually thought of this on my own last night, then saw it on the news today too. Romney has little to lose too, as he's old & not really looking for much from government politics, other than possibly doing a little bit of the right thing. Would love to see this blow up in  McConnells turtle  face. Would really love to see a major turn in KY polling and him start to slip & get really scared.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Yea i think we got it the first time...you’ve really twisted things here.

Who supported the republican senate in 2026 or even now?

Somehow it seems you’re saying that those criticizing McConnell and the republican senate are hypocrites. Who is this imaginary person you’re making up?

Trump is getting to choose 3 judges In 4 years because of political BS. that’s the shit you should be upset about. Of course...you’re not.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You actually think McConnell is worse than Pelosi and Schumer? I think the cocaine Mitch hate comes more from his effectiveness than there being any difference between them. They are all well versed in political gamesmanship, no?

They are all engaged in shady political moves. Hell, they just sabotaged a covid relief bill by using the filibuster (which they plan on abolishing to push their agenda through) from even coming up for a vote, debate or to be amended by what *they* want. If you don't think that was over politics, I don't know what to tell you.

Board footer