You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

How hard is it to just take away the foreign spending and increase the domestic. I feel like I could do this exercise in 10 minutes. It needs to be $2,000 per person but ONLY if you take away the stupid shit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Cuz paying for Made in USA is too expensive...even i fucking know that

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

not only is it too expensive...it's crap...it's cheaply made crap that'll break down sooner rather than later so you have to buy a new one.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

not only is it too expensive...it's crap...it's cheaply made crap that'll break down sooner rather than later so you have to buy a new one.

Really supporting working jobs and unions!  Thank you for having any basis to make such a crazy statement other than hate.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Really supporting working jobs and unions!  Thank you for having any basis to make such a crazy statement other than hate.

You're truly welcome...since people like you have voted for politicians that destroy unions left and right...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You're truly welcome...since people like you have voted for politicians that destroy unions left and right...

I'll add to that...we did make quality shit when unions were allowed to have significant clout...we traded that all in for Reagan's bullshit.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Unions are an outdated concept ... there is this new fangdangled concept called the department of labor and the labor law

Also minimum wage is a giant factor

11.60USD per hour - canada
11.00USD per hour - usa
6.36USD per hour - mexico
1.52USD per hour - china

For example I can buy a chinese made fender guitar for $230US, a mexican made one for $700US or an american made one for $1500US...yes there is a quality difference but u have to pay $$$ for it

This shit is like economics 101...and lets not forget its mostly american companies that pushed production to foreign countries

Edit: regular everyday shit is obviosuly where people want to save the most money...its why places like walmart exist...and to get the "LOW LOW PRICES!!!" u need to pay the low low wages...which u cant do with Made in USA

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Unions are an outdated concept ... there is this new fangdangled concept called the department of labor and the labor law

Also minimum wage is a giant factor

11.60USD per hour - canada
11.00USD per hour - usa
6.36USD per hour - mexico
1.52USD per hour - china

For example I can buy a chinese made fender guitar for $230US, a mexican made one for $700US or an american made one for $1500US...yes there is a quality difference but u have to pay $$$ for it

This shit is like economics 101...and lets not forget its mostly american companies that pushed production to foreign countries

Then we have to agree that labor is an interchangeable, unimportant part of an economy.

You also have to acknowledge that unions are basically dead in the US.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

'...and maybe that administration will be me...'

lmao...what a douche bag

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Also doesn't help that asshole trump fucked with the free trade agreements...making everyone pay more money for virtually everything

Board footer