You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've enjoyed monkey's posts, too, just to echo Aussie. Let's not make things personal.

With how much people concentrated on Florida during this epdemic, it seems the media has totally ignored how awful New York has handled this. They were treating Cuomo like a God... And I never understood it. He's been terrible, if not the worst governor in the crisis. Shouldn't it be bigger news New York is throwing away vaccines?

I disagree about my New York if you take into consideration some context.

The city of New York is a hub for world travel perhaps like no other city on the planet. It was hit first and it was hit hardest.

I’d argue the other states who had much more time to prepare and still did nothing rank at the bottom of this list.

The Wisconsins of this country did a bottom of the barrel job and still are. You have state legislatures more concerned about finding which powers they can take from the governor in many states over 2020 than legislation that actually accomplished anything.

Your criticism of NY seems sensational as anything to me.

Cuomo has been a disaster. First sending all folks to the nursing homes killing thousands for no reason.

Then bitched about Ventilators and lack of room so Trump said a float hospital and more Vents than they could use, they didn’t use either of them.

They then shut down their entire economy and let riots happen, there was a mass exodus.

Now after Biden is elected and days away from inauguration he says it is time to open the economy and can’t wait to vaccinate everyone.

He down played Covid at first along with Deblasio. They said to keep riding the subway. They attacked Trump. Trump was right.

Contrast with Florida that didn’t shut down long and is blowing them away with Vaccine distribution.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What's awesome about this is Irish is literally being Trump right now repeating the same bullshit over and over and his little pussy bitches just play along like he has a clue.

Ireland has their own political history that's pretty interesting.  Maybe you should do some homework on terrorism there before telling other countries how to handle their issues.  smile

Oh no, now he is going after the land I happened to be born on. I'm so offended.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. You know, just like your founders.
You know the US is considered to be terrorists by many more people than the Irish. Not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand, but sure if you want to talk history create a thread and maybe study your own history before making comments that make you look foolish as it doesn't match your online persona.

Never stop being your charming self.

The point is you don't have any idea what this country is like.  You read little snippets on Twitter from people that confirm your biases and think you know it all.  Life here is nothing like you think it is, yet you post as though you have it all figured out.  Twitter is a bigger dumpster fire than this thread is and that's not easy to do. 

Follow your own advice.  Learn before you come in here acting like a know it all.  I've lived in a big city in the north.  I've lived in the middle of nowhere in the south.  I've lived in areas in between.  If you understood anything about this country you wouldn't post like you do.  Get some perspective.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've enjoyed monkey's posts, too, just to echo Aussie. Let's not make things personal.

With how much people concentrated on Florida during this epdemic, it seems the media has totally ignored how awful New York has handled this. They were treating Cuomo like a God... And I never understood it. He's been terrible, if not the worst governor in the crisis. Shouldn't it be bigger news New York is throwing away vaccines?

The city of New York is a hub for world travel perhaps like no other city on the planet. It was hit first and it was hit hardest.

I’d argue the other states who had much more time to prepare and still did nothing rank at the bottom of this list.

The Wisconsins of this country did a bottom of the barrel job and still are. You have state legislatures more concerned about finding which powers they can take from the governor in many states over 2020 than legislation that actually accomplished anything.

Really? I would put Florida above New York in terms of international tourism, and Cuomo never received the scrutiny DeSantis did. New York is responsible for when Florida had its spikes as Cuomo allowed New Yorkers to travel to Florida until they were banned (they were catching covid infected people on planes from NY, and he still wouldn't stop it). The number of deaths in nursing homes were because of his decisions, he was criticizing bans against New York travelers and then implemented them himself. Criticizing Florida for opening businesses because of the economy only to turn around do it himself.

I think your overblowing this...this seems like a FOX NEWS expose post. You're blaming everything on Cuomo including the effects on Florida. 'he allowed people to travel to Florida' - haha

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Really? I would put Florida above New York in terms of international tourism, and Cuomo never received the scrutiny DeSantis did. New York is responsible for when Florida had its spikes as Cuomo allowed New Yorkers to travel to Florida until they were banned (they were catching covid infected people on planes from NY, and he still wouldn't stop it). The number of deaths in nursing homes were because of his decisions, he was criticizing bans against New York travelers and then implemented them himself. Criticizing Florida for opening businesses because of the economy only to turn around do it himself.

I think your overblowing this...this seems like a FOX NEWS expose post. You're blaming everything on Cuomo including the effects on Florida. 'he allowed people to travel to Florida' - haha

What are you talking about? I mentioned it as it happened on THIS forum. Way to jump to Fox News. I guess it's my fault for talking to you rationally.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

One of my biggest concerns over the last 4 years has been how much the mainstream media has tried to drive and shape the anti Trump narrative.

As an outsider I didn’t give a fuck who was in the White House, but I was sick to death of turning on the TV and just hearing non stop Trump TMZ bullshit. Much of the sensational stuff was utter garbage, like “Melanie refused to hold his hand” or “an insider close to the administration” blah blah blah. It was incessant. It truly seemed to me like totally butt hurt journalists who completely misread the election 4 years ago. They just couldn’t stand the fact that the man got elected in and that so many people clearly had a different view of the world to them.

It seemed like objective reporting then went out the window and at every opportunity they sought to denigrate the man. Admittedly he was an easy target and gave them tonnes of ammunition and often what he copped was well deserved.

But it never sat well with me that we had such powerful organsisations and mainstream media truly trying to shape the narrative around him and it just amped up the more his term went on and the closer to the election it got.

Trump did this to himself. He ruined an already bad relationship with the media and escalated issues every time they exposed yet another sketchy fucking thing he was involved in.

In order to see Trump as some sympathetic figure you have to overlook nearly 50 years of failures and scandal. Why....just why?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

What are you talking about? I mentioned it as it happened on THIS forum. Way to jump to Fox News. I guess it's my fault for talking to you rationally.

Cuomo did fine...jesus...it's pretty predictable...pounce on the guy that will likely run for president in 2024 if he can. It's the Hillary playbook. The people of New York think he's doing a great job given the circumstance.

If you think the economy is more important than anything than Florida is your shining example of success I guess.

He was receiving a 70% plus approval rating through out the whole thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

[/embed]
You don't see a line between that, and this:

[/embed]
Storming capitals and harassing politicians was a terrible precedent, made worse by the media and politicians not only not discouraging it but in ways encouraging it. I mean, it wasn't like we couldn't see this culminating into something really bad. Not taking anything away from Trumps actions, but this was bound to happen.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yes mitch, no Dem can do anything wrong and anyone saying otherwise is parroting fox news or some other source that isn't a left leaning truth teller.  Do you ever read what you write before posting?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

[/embed]
You don't see a line between that, and this:

[/embed]
Storming capitals and embarrassing politicians was a terrible precedent, made worse by the media and politicians not only not discouraging it but in ways encouraging it. I mean, it wasn't like we couldn't see this culminating into something really bad. Not taking anything away from Trumps actions, but this was bound to happen.

I know guys...it's always Antifa...ALWAYS

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

There will be armed protests at all 50 state capitols from Jan. 16-20...if anything bad happens make sure you have your antifa talking points in order.

Board footer