You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Reading your posts in various threads, it seems like you're a little lost without Flagg here, mitch.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Reading your posts in various threads, it seems like you're a little lost without Flagg here, mitch.

Without Flagg? What does that mean?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

A good read about how secret deals were made to keep Trump out

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This article is about the coalition of people who banded together to ensure the election happened despite Trump constantly questioning its validity and undermining our elections and democratic institutions.

You think something nefarious is going on here?

misterID

misterID wrote:

If a president issues an irresponsible order that causes death and economic harm, even if it wasn't his intention, should he be impeached?

I think this impeachment says yes. I think Biden's border orders will come back to bite him. If covid spikes, people die, crimes are comitted from the now lax regulations of who is released, and local economies are harmed (there are no jobs now) because of these orders, then it could be viewed as a dereliction of his oath of office and he could be removed.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The horror. A coordinated effort to keep the losing candidate from not assuming the Presidency. Totally unprecedented. You gotta spread that word SG, people haven't heard of such illegal crimes yet.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Fwiw, I think they're totally within their right to impeach Trump, but his lawyers made a good point in how far reaching and unconstitutional the dems argument is. From this point, though, it's not a case against facts but semantics. He tells them to peacefully protest, and then fight like hell. I don't think that's impeachable, especially considering there are democrats who've said worse and were far more inflammatory.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

If that's the case he's making then I don't see how any president will ever be held accountable for anything ever again. The precedent Trump has set leads to no man's land.

I won't be surprised when once again Trump won't be held accountable for anything. His whole life is a shining beacon of entitlement. His tactics aren't new...he makes you afraid of immigrants while he and people like him rape you economically your whole life, doesn't pay taxes, declare bankruptcy to avoid paying his bills and borrow money from foreign countries.

Donald Trump exposes the fraud of this country...you can inherit all your money, treat people like shit all your life and divorce your wife as soon as she gets too old and ugly for your taste.

His trade war was an abysmal failure but it's not about whether or not it succeeded or failed. It's about the bluster and the drama of 'holding China' or whatever other country responsible.

When it becomes obvious that it didn't matter whether his policies were succeeding in doing the things he said he would do then you have to ask what is the point? You have people who live in trailer parks cheering on the stock markets. You have second generation Americans applauding the poor treatment of new immigrants.

What was the point?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nonsense, they'll be held accountable for crimes, not semantics. Democrats had the opportunity to nip this in the bud for 4 years, to pass a decorum rule that held everyone accountable... The didn't. They had no problem with republicans being harrassed, attacked, and nearly murdered. When one Republican was threatened with rape and murder for her supreme court vote, Swalwell, a manager impeachment tweeted, "boo hoo." They had the opportunity to hold their own members accountable for doing EXACTLY what Trump did. They didn't. End.

You keep saying immigrants, but when you break into the country, they aren't immigrants. This is cheap talking points. Legal immigration was not impeded, so stop lying. That's not going to fly.

Cops are good again, but they'll be Satan's soon enough.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nonsense, they'll be held accountable for crimes, not semantics. Democrats had the opportunity to nip this in the bud for 4 years, to pass a decorum rule that held everyone accountable... The didn't. They had no problem with republicans being harrassed, attacked, and nearly murdered. When one Republican was threatened with rape and murder for her supreme court vote, Swalwell, a manager impeachment tweeted, "boo hoo." They had the opportunity to hold their own members accountable for doing EXACTLY what Trump did. They didn't. End.

Really? This seems like false equivalence. It's like saying Murder is equal to jay walking.

Can you point to the last insurrection by Dems?

I hope you don't complain when there is one.

Board footer