You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, you're wrong. Democrats and others, including you, spread lies and disinformation and conspiracy theories about Russia helping Trump become president, trying to delegitimize the election results, and as the investigation showed, that was all untrue. Democrats encouraged harassment of republicans, voiced support of riots to the point of springing bail for them, even those who chanted for the end of the United States and attempted insurrection by storming capitals, federal buildings, the supreme court and the white house, not to mention demonized cops, mocked republicans who were victims of harassment and assault, etc., etc.

Democrats and the media have refused to hold themselves to the same standard they're holding Trump to. They've done nothing to say they won't continue to stir harassment. And I don't buy the "devil made me do it" defense. I can't even remember how many times you excused your own bad behavior on the president.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. The report didn’t say there was nothing there. It said, in summary, that the laws are so lenient and sparse that it didn’t clearly violate any existing law.

He engaged in a ton of sketchy behavior. More than anyone else.

I’m sorry if you don’t believe that the rules are applied differently depending on who you are in this country.

You’ve always held others (including me) to a higher standard than Trump who had actual power and authority. That’ll forever be the fundamental flaw your line of thinking.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, you're wrong. Democrats and others, including you, spread lies and disinformation and conspiracy theories about Russia helping Trump become president, trying to delegitimize the election results, and as the investigation showed, that was all untrue. Democrats encouraged harassment of republicans, voiced support of riots to the point of springing bail for them, even those who chanted for the end of the United States and attempted insurrection by storming capitals, federal buildings, the supreme court and the white house, not to mention demonized cops, mocked republicans who were victims of harassment and assault, etc., etc.

Democrats and the media have refused to hold themselves to the same standard they're holding Trump to. They've done nothing to say they won't continue to stir harassment. And I don't buy the "devil made me do it" defense. I can't even remember how many times you excused your own bad behavior on the president.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. The report didn’t say there was nothing there. It said, in summary, that the laws are so lenient and sparse that it didn’t clearly violate any existing law.

I’m sorry if you don’t believe that the rules are applied differently depending on who you are in this country.

You’ve always held others (including me) to a higher standard than Trump who had actual power and authority. That’ll forever be the fundamental flaw your line of thinking.

No, there was zero collusion. Trump was an awful President, but he did not collude with Russia to become president. That is a fact.

I held you to the standard of being an adult. An adult doesn't act like a petulant child, intentionally antagonize members into stupid arguments, and then say, "well, the president does it..." That is not an adult. And if you're going to criticize a president, don't act like him.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, there was zero collusion. Trump was an awful President, but he did not collude with Russia to become president. That is a fact.

I held you to the standard of being an adult. An adult doesn't act like a petulant child, intentionally antagonize members into stupid arguments, and then say, "well, the president does it..." That is not an adult. And if you're going to criticize a president, don't act like him.

This is backward logic...again...you hold me to a higher standard than a president.

You have the expectations that i should act like an adult but the president shouldn’t.

You and i will never agree on this point.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If you can say that and not be completely embarrassed, then no, we won't agree on that.

Sky Dog wrote:

And history hides the lies of our Civil Wars...give it a break...same bat time same bat channel for 400 years so give it a break. Too funny on a Gnr board.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I’m not embarrassed. I’m pointing out a pretty strange inconsistency in your logic.

He became president by being a complete baby. An absolute terrible role model and if you don’t care to hold him accountable then how can you possibly expect to hold me accountable?

You can’t have it both ways and you won’t.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You are an adult. You acted terribly and ran the forum down with your behavior. Yes, I expect an adult not to act like a child. Yes, if you criticize a moron, I expect you not to act like that moron. I held him accountable for being an idiot. If you're using him as an excuse for your bad behavior, you are so, so, so much worse than Trump.

We are embarrassed for you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit! Witnesses may be called. About to get crazy

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You are an adult. You acted terribly and ran the forum down with your behavior. Yes, I expect an adult not to act like a child. Yes, if you criticize a moron, I expect you not to act like that moron. I held him accountable for being an idiot. If you're using him as an excuse for your bad behavior, you are so, so, so much worse than Trump.

We are embarrassed for you.

I’m sorry...we’re going to have to move on from this topic but again...i dismiss your criticism of me when you didn’t hold a president to the same standard.

This makes you complicit imho.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

President Joe Biden‘s approval ratings are in the middle 20s in most polls and even though conservative leaning Rasmussen poll has Him at +7.

Not having to deal with trumps tweets and aberrant behavior on a daily basis it’s been so good for my physical and mental health.

I’m reading more and more of the Republican strategy for 2022 isto gerrymander the house of representatives into their majority already. I guess that’s what you have to do when you don’t have the votes.

It definitely makes me or seriously conside the Washington DC state hood.

Board footer