You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Dbl post

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's not what I said, and if you actually read what we were discussing you'd know that. TV reflects the framing of the people who produce it. Neither the media or social media are real life.

The media has been bleeding viewership. CNN lost 1 million viewers in a month. You like it because it's progressively run, there's no mirror being held up, it's all lobbying groups and talking heads who live in an echo chamber and a political bubble with books to sell. They make money from the small minority of people who can't think for themselves, left and right. I pay attention because it's important, but I hold it in the proper context.

I mean, if you don't have the self awareness to understand what you actually said in this post, then bud, you are the perfect media mark/sheep/sucker consumer.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's not what I said, and if you actually read what we were discussing you'd know that. TV reflects the framing of the people who produce it. Neither the media or social media are real life.

The media has been bleeding viewership. CNN lost 1 million viewers in a month. You like it because it's progressively run, there's no mirror being held up, it's all lobbying groups and talking heads who live in an echo chamber and a political bubble with books to sell. They make money from the small minority of people who can't think for themselves, left and right. I pay attention because it's important, but I hold it in the proper context.

I mean, if you don't have the self awareness to understand what you actually said in this post, then bud, you are the perfect media mark/sheep/sucker consumer.

Why do you think i watch CNN? Except for Anderson Cooper i couldn’t name a single person on there. I know nothing of what CNN does and i don’t care....just like FB and Twitter, i found out that the news makes me sick to my stomach. I don’t do things that make me physically ill.

Even if i wanted to, i don’t have time to spend hours per day watching cable news networks.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why do you think i watch CNN? Except for Anderson Cooper i couldn’t name a single person on there. I know nothing of what CNN does and i don’t care....just like FB and Twitter, i found out that the news makes me sick to my stomach. I don’t do things that make me physically ill.

Even if i wanted to, i don’t have time to spend hours per day watching cable news networks.

Dude, I didn't accuse you of watching CNN, I used it as an example that the media is losing money, a direct response to this from you: "I love the media. They’re making tons of money. And everyone is consuming the media product more than any other time in history right now."

You love the media, you love they're making money, they tell the truth. Now the media makes you sick, you don't watch it. Okay. Your bullshit is something else.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, I didn't accuse you of watching CNN, I used it as an example that the media is losing money, a direct response to this from you: "I love the media. They’re making tons of money. And everyone is consuming the media product more than any other time in history right now."

You love the media, you love they're making money, they tell the truth. Now the media makes you sick, you don't watch it. Okay. Your bullshit is something else.

When did i say i love the media? I love the hypocrisy that it’s pulling out of people. ‘The media is bad but i consume it everyday by choice’ is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/britney-spea … 22181.html

To change things up a bit...

There’s a lot of drama and emotion surrounding this situation. Seems like public opinion is swaying toward Britney Spears now. I’m not sure how much that matters though. I’m also not sure I legal agreement can force anyone to take lithium.

In any case, I see both parties taking some responsibility here. I am no fan of Britney Spears. I am in no fan of the kind of pop culture she brought to the forefront. Whether it being famous too young in life or having too much money to young life I’ve always seen her as a bit of a messed up person. Just because she can work doesn’t change that.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/trans … 2106240107

I guess working across the aisle and finding common ground can work to make this country better.  I hope this continues.  Congratulations, Joe Manchin.  You won't get the credit, but politicos will remember it was you.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/trans … 2106240107

I guess working across the aisle and finding common ground can work to make this country better.  I hope this continues.  Congratulations, Joe Manchin.  You won't get the credit, but politicos will remember it was you.

I won't be convinced until I see ALL of these Republicans who participated in creating this vote in favor. Why do I feel the old bait and switch coming?

Edit: What about Biden, Romney, Cassidy, Portman...why do you leave so many out?

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

When did i say i love the media?

mitchejw wrote:

I love the media.

That was like two posts ago 16

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

When did i say i love the media?

mitchejw wrote:

I love the media.

That was like two posts ago 16

Yes...I'll clarify one last time...I like that exposes the hypocrisy of the people who live in this country. Especially the ones who think their shit don't stink.

It's a mirror...if you don't like what you see just know you're looking at yourself.

Board footer