You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol, okay? And his approval ratings are still shit.

You're right. He's approaching Trump's average level of terrible approval.

WITH ALL OF MEDIA IN HIS CORNER, his “messaging” simply is not working. Everyone sees that everything he has touched has gone to shit.

Everyone? Hardly, if you put another Trump fuck up for president Biden will have a second term bc nobody fucked this place up more than the tea party and Trumpism.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is Qanon conspiracy stuff. I can't believe you buy it.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg8yxk/ … er-carlson

Lol, okay? And his approval ratings are still shit.

You're right. He's approaching Trump's average level of terrible approval.

Big, there's a real possibility he blows past Trump's numbers. I'm not talking about that tiny sliver of Mitch type of voter, but with real voters. He's going to make people come to the conclusion they can deal with Trump's idiocy if it means getting his economy back.

From my perspective, the problem with Biden isn't so much he's incompetent, it's that this is what a progressive America looks like. And it's only going to get worse.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

This global corporate tax rate set to 15% seems like a good idea to me. I know at one company I worked at we had a 1 man office in Belgium to use that as a tax haven for all Europe based operations and sales. This will also make it very hard on Democrats to try to raise the US rate to 27% when every other 1st world nation keeps it around 15%.

I really wish Warren would try to pass a clean wealth tax amendment, I’d certainly be in favor of it. But clean bills without pork isn’t something our legislature seems capable of.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Why bother paying any taxes at all…just do it like Trump…the supposed billionaire that pays zero in taxes because all his businesses are junk.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This global corporate tax rate set to 15% seems like a good idea to me. I know at one company I worked at we had a 1 man office in Belgium to use that as a tax haven for all Europe based operations and sales. This will also make it very hard on Democrats to try to raise the US rate to 27% when every other 1st world nation keeps it around 15%.

I really wish Warren would try to pass a clean wealth tax amendment, I’d certainly be in favor of it. But clean bills without pork isn’t something our legislature seems capable of.

I would like to see low tax rates and more consumption taxes like a junk food tax, a luxury tax (like GHW Bush had) and an internet sales tax for big companies like Amazon.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bil … 03017.html

But DId yOU sEe WhaT HaPpeNed in AFghAniStaN

The middle aged men on this board shrug whole heartedly

misterID

misterID wrote:

The self-hating white man on this board can't have an intelligent, rational conversation without acting like a schizoid with turrets, and only wants to talk about the elderly man he has a demented obsession with.

Bill also said Trump wouldn't leave office. I think Afghanistan is more important than progressive fantasy/conspiracy theories, btw.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The self-hating white man on this board can't have an intelligent, rational conversation without acting like a schizoid with turrets, and only wants to talk about the elderly man he has a demented obsession with.

Bill also said Trump wouldn't leave office. I think Afghanistan is more important than progressive fantasy/conspiracy theories, btw.

Who is Bill?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Did you not even read your own link?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Did you not even read your own link?

Dude, he reads headlines and nothing more. This is example 1001. He saw a headline about Bill Maher shit talking on Trump, recognized SG often posts clips from Maher’s show, and thought he could get a dig in. The true irony is the same episode Mitch is citing, the clip and episode he never watched, Maher said Democrats are tanking and going to lose in 2022 cause of the woke/progressive (Mitch) crowd. You can’t make this kind of unawareness up.

Board footer