You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I’m seeing entire billboards that saying Trump won 120,000,000 votes on my road trip today.

These people have no shame and can’t be trusted with power of any kind. Free speech = outright lying and making claims with no evidence is exactly what the forefathers envisioned.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m seeing entire billboards that saying Trump won 120,000 votes on my road trip today.

These people have no shame and can’t be trusted with power of any kind. Free speech = outright lying and making claims with no evidence is exactly what the forefathers envisioned.

DeSantis 2024…. That is what we need to make it all good again.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m seeing entire billboards that saying Trump won 120,000 votes on my road trip today.

DeSantis 2024…. That is what we need to make it all good again.

Lol he’s too much of a trump cuck boi….plus his own governor’s election isn’t even a shoot in….

Plus….Trump looks like when a fish is dead and bloated on the beach. His health is terrible and he’s only getting fatter. I predict he does around 80.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Alec Baldwin accidentally kills someone on set and the first instinct is to ban guns on set and just use CGI. Good luck with that. You're more likely to be killed in a car on a movie set. It amazes me that whenever there's a tragedy the first instinct is to ban it for everyone. You don't want guns on your set.... Don't use them. Some films can't afford the CGI and certain directors only like using practical effects and props.

This was negligence by an individual, whoever was in charge of the firearm.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

What we need is more guns, really.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Very interested in the details on the possible Manchin-Biden deal. All the articles I’m reading keep mentioning “wealth tax” and a minimum corporate tax. If they’re straight up taxes on the Uber wealthy and forcing Amazon to send 10 billion a year to the treasury, I’m certainly interested in learning more.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Very interested in the details on the possible Manchin-Biden deal. All the articles I’m reading keep mentioning “wealth tax” and a minimum corporate tax. If they’re straight up taxes on the Uber wealthy and forcing Amazon to send 10 billion a year to the treasury, I’m certainly interested in learning more.

I agree with what Mitt Romney says. A new tax won’t work. And the story of corporations not paying taxes or rich not paying taxes is fake news.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I agree with what Mitt Romney says. A new tax won’t work. And the story of corporations not paying taxes or rich not paying taxes is fake news.

A new tax can work if it compels banks to report assets. All large financial transfers already get reported. I’m talking about a 30 million annual tax on billionaires. That can work, and you have to ask why we want people with obscene amounts of money not paying to provide 21st century facilities and institutions. They can keep their mansions and yachts, no financial harm will come fo them. Why is it ok for us plebes to pay 30% of our income to the feds like good citizens, but the Bezos’ of the world aren’t even kicking 5% of their annual “income”.

I don’t think a clean wealth tax can get through Congress, and SCOTUS isn’t going to allow one to be introduced through reconciliation without opining. But taxing the wealthy is the only change that can actually pay for infrastructure.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

A new tax can work if it compels banks to report assets. All large financial transfers already get reported. I’m talking about a 30 million annual tax on billionaires. That can work, and you have to ask why we want people with obscene amounts of money not paying to provide 21st century facilities and institutions. They can keep their mansions and yachts, no financial harm will come fo them. Why is it ok for us plebes to pay 30% of our income to the feds like good citizens, but the Bezos’ of the world aren’t even kicking 5% of their annual “income”.

I don’t think a clean wealth tax can get through Congress, and SCOTUS isn’t going to allow one to be introduced through reconciliation without opining. But taxing the wealthy is the only change that can actually pay for infrastructure.

Doesn’t the top 1% pay like 95% of all current taxes? 50% of our country pays zero tax. Bezos pays tax and his company via pay roll pays a fuck ton of taxes. Bezos also pays tax on his salary, but I think what you talk about is his rate on money made from his money. The new rules wants them to pay taxes on paper gains and not realized gains. Mitt says this will discourage them from investing for fear of appreciation and Instead may buy a painting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The wealthy pay an income tax. But the majority of Americans (the workers) pay a payroll tax, which the wealthy don't, and the pay roll tax is what the majority of SS and Medicare are paid with.

Isn't Bezos *official* salary like 40 grand a year?

Board footer