You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Adam Kinzinger will not seek re-election. Boy...for a board full of people who claim to love centrists....there sure isn't much chatter about how every single centrist is being purged from the Republican party.

The Republicans are making it more clear that Trump has more power than ever. How on earth could I possibly consider their group of Trump puppet extremists?

My choice will continue to be, going forward, either to vote Democrat or not vote.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
JUST IN - Biden admin is considering payments of $450,000 per person to immigrant families that were separated after illegally crossing the border during the Trump administration (WSJ)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
JUST IN - Biden admin is considering payments of $450,000 per person to immigrant families that were separated after illegally crossing the border during the Trump administration (WSJ)

If they do this, they can kiss 2024 goodbye.  He's been ordered by the courts to reinstate the remain in mexico policy, so paying half a million to illegals who illegally entered the US and didn't qualify for asylum isn't going to go over well with anyone but the incoherent.  I doubt the courts would rule he can do this, as congress hasn't allocated any money to be paid to illegal immigrants.  "I know the economy is in the shit and inflation is climbing rapidly, but I want your tax dollars to go to people who had no right to enter and illegally tried to do so.  Suck it losers, I'm turning illegal families into millionaires!" isn't a campaign winning idea.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yup. If this went through there would be families receiving a million bucks for sneaking their children into the country, ie, committing child endangerment.

The McAuliffe campaign sent people to Youngkins campaign stop as white supremacist supporting him. The press literally ran with this:

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

We should definitely be known as the country that separates families because we decreed things illegal. But also we're banning abortions and trying to get Roe V. Wade overturned.

The subjectivity of what is illegal and wasn't illegal during the Trump administration is astonishing. Not only are we gonna separate from you from your family, but fuck you too....signed, the United States.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It is illegal to sneak into the country, just like it is in every other country in the world, not just America. If any American commits a crime with their children, they're separated. None of this has anything to do with abortion.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It is illegal to sneak into the country, just like it is in every other country in the world, not just America. If any American commits a crime with their children, they're separated. None of this has anything to do with abortion.

It does have to do with abortion…the same people that advocate pro-life stances gleefully separate children from their families.

misterID

misterID wrote:

When you commit a crime, don't do it with your children. And there was no way to prove a lot of those kids belonged to the adults they were with. Many didn't. If you didn't know, or you don't care, there's a big issue with trafficking children across the border for sex.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It’s only a crime when a toe touches US soil.

Board footer