You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

I was 6 when Bush 1 was elected.  Aren't you only a year or 2 older than me?  I'll admit that your critical thinking abilities are on par with a 7 year old, but in 1988 I was more concerned with Cookie Monster and Ernie. Like I said, coherent messages with any basis in reality aren't going to be found by this guy.  Worrying about cops shooting your infant in their car seat is totally rational, but being worried about tens of thousands of people bringing COVID in with them or thousands of child being sexually exploited, those are all irrational fears. 

Now go tell us how you'd refuse to shoot someone raping your wife again.  And then remind us how in touch with reality you are.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I was 6 when Bush 1 was elected.  Aren't you only a year or 2 older than me?  I'll admit that your critical thinking abilities are on par with a 7 year old, but in 1988 I was more concerned with Cookie Monster and Ernie. Like I said, coherent messages with any basis in reality aren't going to be found by this guy.  Worrying about cops shooting your infant in their car seat is totally rational, but being worried about tens of thousands of people bringing COVID in with them or thousands of child being sexually exploited, those are all irrational fears. 

Now go tell us how you'd refuse to shoot someone raping your wife again.  And then remind us how in touch with reality you are.

Yup....this is a real take from Randall Flagg...

since you have neither a wife or a child....you speak from complete ignorance...

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yup....this is a real take from Randall Flagg...

since you have neither a wife or a child....you speak from complete ignorance...

I do have a wife.  Any other assumptions you'd like to make to prove my point you're incapable of putting a coherent statement together based in reality?

Can you tell me how many infants were shot in their carseat by police in the past 30 years?

Talk about ignorance....

"ignorance- a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education : the state of being ignorant"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorance

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Hey....remember when you thought it was cool that a child crossed state lines, obtained a gun illegally and killed people and you were like.....'self defense.'

Randall Flagg

I remember how a 17 year old drove 20 miles from his home, and was violently assaulted by 3 adults who all had prior felony convictions and were caught on camera assaulting and chasing the 17-year old who shot them in self defense.  You know, like the NY Times article that did a minute by minute breakdown. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/k … video.html

I'll let the jury decide his guilt or innocence.  But thanks for proving me right once again Joe!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I remember how a 17 year old drove 20 miles from his home, and was violently assaulted by 3 adults who all had prior felony convictions and were caught on camera assaulting and chasing the 17-year old who shot them in self defense.  You know, like the NY Times article that did a minute by minute breakdown. 

https://www.nytimes.com/article/kyle-ri … eline.html

I'll let the jury decide his guilt or innocence.  But thanks for proving me right once again Joe!

right...illegal guns in the hands of chicago gang members bad,....illegal gun in the hands of a chubby white kid is cool cuz he killed people who had felonies.

Randall Flagg

People in Chicago shooting people is bad.  A 17 year old shooting 3 adults in self defense who are on video chasing and trying to kill him isn't as bad.  This will be my last post before I go get a pedicure with my wife, but yes I personally won't be upset if Rittenhouse is acquitted for shooting 3 men who are on film trying and successfully chasing him down to harm/kill him.  Most people are.  All 3 were looters and rioters who attempted to kill someone.  I care about them finding out about as much as I do Bryant getting shot midway through a fatal knife stab. What else can you change the topic to and misrepresent someone.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Right...sorry...it's more....'if you knew a drug dealer'...and got killed you deserve it....

This is 1980s Reagan bullshit....

poor 17 year old...who went across state lines....to a city he didnt't belong in....what the fuck was he there for?

There are questions you'd ask about a gang member or a drug dealer....but not chubby little kyle.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bill Maher: "If critical race theory means separating 5-year-olds by race and telling some you're oppressors and the others you're the oppressed, and giving up on a colorblind society, and resegregation, and racism is the essence of America—then I'm out."

Look at you do what you accused me doing a couple weeks ago....you cherry picked 2 sentences...good for you.

Please feel free to expand on what he said about critical race theory then, mitch. I'll wait.

And Rittenhouse didn't shoot people with felonies, but people with weapons, like you know, a gun, and people actively attacking him. If you have the high ground in this debate, why lie? Why criticize Trump when you're doing the same thing?

Randall Flagg

The problem with Critical Race Theory is that neither side has a clue what it means and the core pillars of its foundation.  I've read Marcuse and took a couple 400 level college courses on the topic of Critical Theory.  For those whom have never bothered to read up on Critical Theory, it's a framework created in the early 20th century out of the Frankfurt school that attempts to look at the reality of our institutional systems and how they impact people.  It dismisses the philosophy and rationale for these systems being originally built, and solely looks at them from a lens of how they impact the lowest common denominator.  That's a tad oversimplified, but as Einstein said, if you can't explain it, you don't understand it. 

So CRT borrows the critique of Critical Theory to establish that minorities (non-whites) are disproportionately worse off than Whites, ergo the underlying systems that operate the US as it is to day are faulty.  I don't know of anything controversial about this on its face.  Critical Theory is a great mental exercise to evaluate the impact a society has on all of its people.  And as Aristotle said, the ability to entertain an idea without accepting it is the mark of intelligence. 

The problem is a bunch of far left loonies take the conclusion of Critical Theorists, and inject their own Marxist rhetoric on top of it.  If you haven't read Marcuse to understand Critical Theory, how can you be in favor or opposed to Critical Race Theory?  CRT has been co-opted by extreme leftists to be synonymous with race based reparations and the notion someone is inherently racist and/or privileged by virtue of their pigment.  It's also a shortcut for these intellectually void folks to argue the entire system needs tore down and replaced with their Marxist ideology without any intellectual effort to explain why - CRT tells us the systems are fundamentally flawed, so they must be destroyed outright and replaced with "_____".  "______" being whatever policy or agenda they can correlate to CRT in the moment. 

The people on the left that have been exposed for teaching racist dogma (judging someone and attributing [negative]traits to them based solely on skin color is racism) don't understand CRT either.  They've just found a new word that they've declared academics (and in turn "Smart people") overwhelmingly in favor of, so support for the idea comes without any qualification.  Equally, dipshits on the right haven't read Marcuse or any of the academic papers on CRT, so they equally dismiss any parts of its arguments  as meritless without qualification. 

It's a bunch of idiots talking about something they don't understand and have never bothered to research because having their predetermined right opinion is all they're concerned with. 

If you're expecting people who get bored at a 200 word post to have the attention span and ability to speak informatively and coherently on a topic they have no exposure to, you might as well be asking for a cat that barks.

Board footer