You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Robin's This I Love solo is the best moment in GNR history

tejastech08 wrote:

It's good, but the Appetite stuff will always be at the top of the list. If we're just picking one song, I would go with Rocket Queen...in particular the ending of it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It's good, but the Appetite stuff will always be at the top of the list. If we're just picking one song, I would go with Rocket Queen...in particular the ending of it.

I do like that ending, in a way kinda cooly foreshadows 90s music & 4 chord grunge style. Love it!  However, best moment in GnR history imho is SCOM intro, that or WTTJ intro. Just being honest.  I'd say SCOM.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Outro to coma, outro to rocket queen, acoustic you're crazy, estranged lead hook and verse lyrics (so nobody ever told ya baby...),  november rain video debut ... lots of awesome moments

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This I love is one of my favourite songs and I do enjoy the solo...but there's a part of me that feels it's robin aping the classic GNR solo style...Given the song dates from the 1990s apparently, I would have been interested to hear what 90s Slash might have done with it.

I know we've heard Slash do it on the NITL tour but at that point he's basically covering the studio version with a bit of improvisation each night...so I think it's a different outcome to what we might have heard if he'd come into the song raw and with no existing guitar ideas to replicate.

I say 90s Slash because although modern Slash is epic and shreds like a mother in a way I love...there was something about the creativity that 90s Slash had where his solos would elevate the themes of songs to new levels...ie Estranged, November Rain etc.

So i would be curious about what UYI era slash might have done with the track if they'd been getting on properly etc.

Board footer