You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R to tour Australia and New Zealand November 2021

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I’ve stupidly decided to get VIP Jungle pit tickets, but I don’t have any presale passwords. Anyone care to share these with me for the presale on Monday?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well....sucker that I am I got VIP pit tickets too.

Old Times Sake or something like that.

Plus the optimist in me says the lockdown break may have done them good and next years show's will be fresh.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Got my VIP Jungle tickets too. Though I mostly bitch about GN’R these days, I’m still excited to be front row at a GN’R gig for the first time. Well, I was front row with Monkeychow in 2013, but that doesn’t really count does it... tongue

Let’s just hope the shows don’t get canceled!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Nice work, I got Jungle Pit tix too for my son and I.  It was really good in that section last time, not overly crowded either so hopefully that's the case again.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Enjoy it guys, hopefully the show goes on as planned. And even more hopeful the show changes up a bit.

Good to see you're still alive and kicking monkeychow!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I should probably make a point of seeing the NITLT lineup if they ever come my way again

Hopefully u are right monkeychow and the time off has given axl reason to get into tip top shape

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Good to see you're still alive and kicking monkeychow!

Thanks. It's nice to see all the old crew still around here!

Neemo wrote:

Hopefully u are right monkeychow and the time off has given axl reason to get into tip top shape

That's the dream.

It's hard to say - sometimes Axl comes back bad ass after a break (2006) and other times not so much (2011). But I think they needed a break - like looking at boots - there's such a noticeable difference in the vibe of the shows from 2016 compared to the ones from 2019.

I mean obviously a GNR show has a high floor in that it's always going to be pretty fun, but it feels like the band had more enthusiasm or something at first...only human I guess. Particularly the first half of 2016 - for that and Ac/Dc Axl seemed to have something to prove. By the end of 2018 though it felt like it was work to them again. But who knows.

It will be interesting to see how the stress we've all been through of the pandemic affects him. I know I took stock of my own life a bit. I could imagine that it might be the kind of impetus for a creative to write more music. Then again maybe he was glued to CNN who knows. But I have kinda a hope that we might see these 2021 shows bring on the start of a new era....a new cycle...like a post NITL era.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

So this is an incredibly odd little detail, but one of the reasons I think Houston 2016 is one of the best shows is Axl's choice of footwear. See, it's one of the first shows where he's out of the cast, so he's wearing sneakers instead of cowboy boots. They're naturally more flexible and grippy, so he's able to run about on stage a bit more. If you look at how he moves in the boots, it's... clunkier. He strides instead of jogs. Also there's the ever-present risk of slipping and falling flat on his arse, which he's done on a few occasions.

Axl: lose the boots.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Apparently they are booking makeup dates in EU and NA now as well...my daughter wants to go to Toronto July 26, 2021

She also wants a jean jacket with a bullet logo back patch

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

It would take just a four-song EP (in whatever ratio of original songs to covers) to make GNR tremendously exciting again. As for the nostalgia tour that never ends ... Yes, they are making plenty of people happy, and earning a ton of money, so I cannot fault them. But it does nothing to suggest this band has an artistic future.

Board footer