You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Sky Dog wrote:

My point is Hardschool is 20 years or more old with sketchy origins to who actually wrote it. It would be just as pathetic to retool Ain’t Going Down or Shadow of your Love. For God’s sake, Slash and Duff have been back 5 years!!! Come on, just 1 song from this version of the band! axl duff 21

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

My hope hinges on them soundchecking/rehearsing Hardschool with Axl actually doing vocals with them.

It's the most significant indication we may get new music at some point that we've had, more significant than anything they've said.

That's a good point actually. It does suggest that they have at least a vague desire or intention to do something.

Given they did eventually re-release shaddow of your love for us (and lets be honest it is a re-release - i had it on CD single since 1991 or something) and they added it to the set...it does kinda suggest that hardschool might at least be added to the set.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

My point is Hardschool is 20 years or more old with sketchy origins to who actually wrote it. It would be just as pathetic to retool Ain’t Going Down or Shadow of your Love. For God’s sake, Slash and Duff have been back 5 years!!! Come on, just 1 song from this version of the band! axl duff 21

That's not how this band has ever worked though. Even back in the day songs that had been written by Axl, Izzy and Huge back in their Indiana days ended up on GNR records many years later (Back Off Bitch).

If you have any hope of hearing something new from this band ever again, take some hope from the fact they soundchecked and rehearsed (with Axl!) an unreleased, new song that was worked on during the CD days and possibly earlier in the mid 90s.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That's not how this band has ever worked though. Even back in the day songs that had been written by Axl, Izzy and Huge back in their Indiana days ended up on GNR records many years later (Back Off Bitch).

If you have any hope of hearing something new from this band ever again, take some hope from the fact they soundchecked and rehearsed (with Axl!) an unreleased, new song that was worked on during the CD days and possibly earlier in the mid 90s.

They rehearsed HS at sound check with Axl?

Ali

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Ali wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

They rehearsed HS at sound check with Axl?

Ali

Yup. Last year before the Mexico shows. Recordings of it leaked on Instagram.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Same old, same old in GN'R Land. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Same old, same old in GN'R Land. 16

Yep, embarrassing

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

166 days until we can make the "Will it happen in 2022" thread 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Not In This Lifetime is a proper expectation.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

Song I think will be on the next album:

"HardSkool"
"Absurd"
"Wichita Lineman"
"Black Hole Sun"
"The Seeker"
"Slither"
"I Wanna Be Your Dog"

In no particular order.