You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Best bet is all we get this year is a UYI 30 year anniversary Deluxe Edition and Super Deluxe edition. axl92

That's not due till late 2022 maybe 2023.

You can't expect the band to do something for the 30th year DURING the 30th year can you? 16

Box set includes a post card of the CD cover, a reproduction of a squiggle drawn by slash on an aeroplane napkin, a key ring with frank and melissa and a photocopy of a photocopy of the 1991 CD single cover of Civil War.

The expanded edition featuring an essay from Axl with a forward from DJ ashba on the appropriate use of the confederate flag and the bondage tit girl in 2022 was dropped after the label expressed concern that blaming the entire history of the band on slash could interfere with sales of Myles album.

Following an extended negotiation, we eventually get the purple box set version which doesn't end up using the cool artwork for an collectors edition that leaked in 2022, and in which all songs that were co-created by Izzy are withdrawn from the collection due to a dispute between Spotify, Izzy and Fernando. At the last minute Axl decided to swap out most of the Slash solos for the demo versions - Allegedly peformed in 1990 but clearly played through Slash's modern amp rig. Meanwhile Steven is pretty sure he didn't play those drums and matt was unavailable for comment but i'm sure it will be cleared up when Richard releaes his tell all book about the UYI recording process.

I preordered for $5000 but I'm confident the price will drop to $1800 or so before release date. Only real question is do i pay in USD or dodegcoin...

big_smile that is classic monkey, great work

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35

Sky Dog wrote:

That was good. lol

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe we get a single before this gig on September 4th???? tongue

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I'm going to continue to be the eternal optimist here.

I'm sticking with yes - a single a week or 2 out before the tour, with an announcement of an album released around October/November is my guess. How exciting!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Heard the radio ad for the Boston show today. All the classics. Can’t believe they actually used new songs for the promo in 2002. Legitimately can’t believe it.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Logically speaking “Hardschool” is likely first single but wouldn’t it be something if we got a brand new one ?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

If we don't hear anything official by end of month, the answer is no.  They're not going to announce a new album in the middle of a tour, they'd obviously do that before and have a single to build hype and sell tickets.  So if the best we have are alleged comments made by Fortus on a podcast by June 30th, nothing is coming in 2021.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

There isn't and never was a new album.

Sky Dog wrote:

I will never purchase anything Gnr related if Hardschool is the first single.....may as well release Ain’t Going Down. lol

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

My hope hinges on them soundchecking/rehearsing Hardschool with Axl actually doing vocals with them.

It's the most significant indication we may get new music at some point that we've had, more significant than anything they've said.

Board footer