You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: Absurd

Izzyjim wrote:

"See, we never run out of love songs" 16

Well that was... interesting! Not sure what I think about the "absurd!" screams, hope the studio version will be better.

Slash on fucking silkworm, who would've thought big_smile

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Can anyone link me or PM the demo of it that leaked (with Bumblefoot I believe)?

Izzyjim

Izzyjim wrote:

"Listen motherfucker to the song that should be heard.." - that should be the title of the new album hehe

It's hard to judge, with the current recording, hope we'll hear more of it (and more clearly) soon

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is it me or did Axl seem more "animated" and excited singing this than anything else over the past few years?

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:

Lol, that was realy absurd. But i like it haha. Pitman already predicted this moment:

There’s been a lot of talk about a Guns N’ Roses collaboration between yourself and Dizzy Reed, on a track known as ‘Silkworms’. It has been confirmed that this track will not make the final cut of Chinese Democracy. Why is this? Does the track have a future as a B-side or future release?

Pitman: I hope so. That song in particular that you are talking about, ‘Silkworms’, it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N’ Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn’t fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It’s a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.

LlamaRenegade

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is it me or did Axl seem more "animated" and excited singing this than anything else over the past few years?

He absolutely does, just look at the smile he cracks Fortus at 1:53

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
LlamaRenegade wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

He absolutely does, just look at the smile he cracks Fortus at 1:53

That's great footage!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

First “new” Axl Slash song in 30 years, and it’s a song that debuted 20 years ago, with an entirely different band. Axl is just trolling us at this point…

I mean really, this is the techno industrial stuff that drove Slash and Duff away in the 90’s, and here they are in 2021 playing along with Axl’s game. It’s almost like Axl saying “if you come back, you come back on MY terms, with MY music, MY vision”.

The song itself, I don’t completely hate it aside from the silly sounding “Absurd” repeated lines. But those saying it is part of their “round 2” comeback, need to kinda check in with reality. Go look at social media reactions to GN’R playing this “new” song in 2021, and most of the comments aren’t favourable.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Good points metallex78 - it really is absurd in every sense and there is certainly some irony attached to the fact Slash is playing on it and it's being presented as a 'new' song.

However Slash has stated he would have "hung in through Axl's industrial phase". I think this is an oddity that probably won't represent most of what they put out that is new -but hey it's anyones guess at this point. Fully expect Hard skool to debut shortly and likely that will be the single and big "GN'R is back with new music" thing on social media...

It's progress and a positive sign of sorts ...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I miss "What can I do/With a bitch like you?" sad Put that back in the studio version, it's much better than just shouting "Absurd" over and over.

Board footer