You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: When do we hear Hardskool?

zombux wrote:

hopes. expectations. optimism. excitement.
wow.
and all that actually is responsible for this, is... FUCKING SILKWORMS - the most hated GNR song ever right after My World.

isn't that absolutely absurd? 16

When do we hear Hard School?

August 13 4%
August 20 0%
September 3 13%
October 1 9%
This year 70%
Next year 4%
Total votes: 23
Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

October.  The Australian dates aren't going to happen and they have two shows in Mexico at the moment in early October before hitting Europe next June.  Call me a moron, but I'm starting to think an album will be out before Xmas or before March depending on their final tour schedule.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

I'd love a surprise release.

Everyone wakes up one day and boom....

There's a new GNR album to listen to.

The "surprise release" thing is only good insofar as it suppresses unrealistic expectations ala CD.

But you want the attention and good press.

September - Hard School
October - Perhaps
October - Album release announcement
November - Oklahoma / broad appeal lead single
November - Album release

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah that's my wager.... album for the holidays. It's an instant boost in sales no matter what.

Album does great....it still gets a boost.

Album a piece of shit....it's still a stocking stuffer.

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:

I'd love a surprise release.

Everyone wakes up one day and boom....

There's a new GNR album to listen to.

The "surprise release" thing is only good insofar as it suppresses unrealistic expectations ala CD.

But you want the attention and good press.

September - Hard School
October - Perhaps
October - Album release announcement
November - Oklahoma / broad appeal lead single
November - Album release

In today's world..... surprise releases are a viral sensation. The problem with that is if you're not willing to follow through with a blitz....it dies on the vine.

There's several ways they can go with this.

I just want to be clobbered over the head with singles....and toss in a couple b sides.

Let's do it right this time.

You're the biggest band in the world......

Start acting like it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Are we buying in to the album actually being mostly Chinese Session tracks?

Randall Flagg

Surprise release isn't possible if they're going to support physical media releases.  Not only would it leak through supply chain folks at the various big box stores, if that was somehow managed, the mom and pop stores never follow official release days.  They sell it as soon as they get it.  I got Contraband 3 days before its official release cause the record store at my college town had it out on display as I walked by.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

In today's world..... surprise releases are a viral sensation. The problem with that is if you're not willing to follow through with a blitz....it dies on the vine.

You're not wrong but I'm not convinced it's the right move for Gn'R.

First these acts also go on SNL, have product tie-ins, go on late night shows, perform highly publicized events and so on. So maybe Gn'R does some of this and reaps the rewards. But it'd be a big sea change from the last 5 years not to mention the New Gn'R era.

And second, Gn'R is a landline telephone band in the digital age. Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and the like are the millennial internet generation. I'd even wager the average Metallica fan is more internet savvy than your average Gn'R fan.

James wrote:

I just want to be clobbered over the head with singles....and toss in a couple b sides.

Yeah, this would just be great. Even if it's just a "deluxe version", I really hope they sweeten the pot somewhere down the line.

Randall Flagg

Sky Dog wrote:

That's my wager.  I'm hoping some VR stuff (especially the early shit they did with Izzy before Scott joined) or some 90s vault stuff (Hardskool) are sprinkled in since a lot of the tracks Axl did with NuGuns wouldn't resonate with the image and sound they're going for now.  I say that as Absurd was just released, so what the fuck do I know, but the industrial type shit just doesn't vibe with me.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Absolutely.

I think it's CD II period.... regardless of what they're actually going to call it.

Hell...it may have a couple things they whipped up after 2016 but I have doubts.

Do you picture these guys at this stage of the game working on material from scratch?

Board footer