You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

metallex78 wrote:

I thought I read an interview with Slash about Ain’t Going Down, and the reason it didn’t end up on the album is because they forgot to record it, or something.

That doesn’t sound that unlikely, given the amount of songs they had to record.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

I wish the person that interviewed Slosh brought up the fact that he had recently said 2022 was gonna be the UYI Box Set.

So which is it Slosh?

1- keep releasing GNR singles from Chin Dem II until album is done.

2 - release UYI Box Set

I highly doubt they will do both these things in the same year ?

Both are happening if you talk to anyone, great intentions for 2022. A bit random for one year, but Slash has other projects and they are not getting any younger. We'll see at the end of the year how far they get with everything. Sterling sound are mixing

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

I wish the person that interviewed Slosh brought up the fact that he had recently said 2022 was gonna be the UYI Box Set.

So which is it Slosh?

2 - release UYI Box Set

Both are happening if you talk to anyone, great intentions for 2022. A bit random for one year, but Slash has other projects and they are not getting any younger. We'll see at the end of the year how far they get with everything. Sterling sound are mixing

Sterling sound are mixing which ? The UYI Boxset or new album?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

So which is it Slosh?

2 - release UYI Box Set

Sterling sound are mixing which ? The UYI Boxset or new album?

The new material, where possible, mixing and mastering, them and Caram

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Just checked, looks like they did Absurd https://sterling-sound.com/discography/absu%d1%8fd/

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Love the scoops but think there is really no chance we get both a new album and the UYI box. Obviously the Hard Skool Ep is coming and all indications are that UYI will happen, but if we got 2 more re-recorded Chinese tracks with it that would be a relative grand slam to me.

Sky Dog wrote:

So we are going to get a mix and master on the level of Absurd? A master that literally blocks out a part of the only thing that resembles a chorus. Can’t wait

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

So which is it Slosh?

2 - release UYI Box Set

Sounds promising! I guess they will start releasing new singles a few weeks before the tour starts, may '22. Still wonder if there will be new songs from the UYI-period, other then songs like crash diet, bring it back home etc.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Love the scoops but think there is really no chance we get both a new album and the UYI box. Obviously the Hard Skool Ep is coming and all indications are that UYI will happen, but if we got 2 more re-recorded Chinese tracks with it that would be a relative grand slam to me.

I think the UYI project was something on it's own, at one point. Some South American tour promoter said that the band would either tour a new album, or the UYI project, that was ages ago if you look through the posts. Obviously with Covid, plans have probably changed. I think the UYI thing is probably with the record company, a guess, and they will just release it when they are ready irrespective of any new material. And, obviously, the new material is going to come in the form of new songs here and there, until an album comes, that's obviously what Slash has already said. I'm not adding anything new except to say that what Slash has said is what the plans are

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

If we get new songs I hope they are truly new with contributions by all three original members. The two ChiDem re-makes seem like revisionist history and they disrespect the work of the band that originally recorded them. Better to save the outtakes for a 20th anniversary box (presumably dropping in 2029 at this rate) and start this new album with a clean slate.

Board footer