You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

Sky Dog wrote:

Always an excuse….no more excuses. They chose 2 throw away tracks to release. I can’t wrap my head around it.

Sky Dog wrote:

So, just listened to D Tune and Me & My Elvis again on my AirPods. Holy shit! There is no way those 2 don’t have lyrics. They are way better instrumentally than the 2 we got. Mind boggling. mad

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

So, just listened to D Tune and Me & My Elvis again on my AirPods. Holy shit! There is no way those 2 don’t have lyrics. They are way better instrumentally than the 2 we got. Mind boggling. mad

Axl mentioned in the 2016 China exchange he likes to write melodies first, rather than someone simply handing him completed guitar tracks, so apparently he did find it difficult to write lyrics to tracks like this. Who knows what's completed and what's not.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Axl mentioned in the 2016 China exchange he likes to write melodies first, rather than someone simply handing him completed guitar tracks, so apparently he did find it difficult to write lyrics to tracks like this. Who knows what's completed and what's not.

Pretty sure he mentioned this in one of his early CD era interviews too. Obviously didn’t work out for him or the band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, there has to be lyrics to Oklahoma. He wrote it in the 90s, before the new band was formed. It's totally possible some of those instrumentals have vocals. It doesn't make sense he wrote a song with no lyrics, unless he wrote the instrumental. That still doesn't make sense.

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, there has to be lyrics to Oklahoma. He wrote it in the 90s, before the new band was formed. It's totally possible some of those instrumentals have vocals. It doesn't make sense he wrote a song with no lyrics, unless he wrote the instrumental. That still doesn't make sense.

Well, the band did say Axl was playing rhythm guitar on his own songs in 1996. Also in 1996 Slash said they working mostly on Axl's songs, but years later he and Duff said Axl never recorded vocals for anything during that period.

Sky Dog wrote:

There is definitely lyrics to Me & My Elvis aka Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster. Axl talked about it in the chats saying he sung it on Christmas Eve….it’s one of the meanest things he’s ever sung

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, the band did say Axl was playing rhythm guitar on his own songs in 1996. Also in 1996 Slash said they working mostly on Axl's songs, but years later he and Duff said Axl never recorded vocals for anything during that period.

Still, from what he described it was more than a melody. As Skydog pointed out, we know some of these instrumental tracks do have vocals. The General didn't even show up as an instrumental. And Oklahoma seems a bit more fleshed out and structured than some of the other instrumentals. He may not have recorded vocals, but that didn't mean he didn't write lyrics.

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

There is definitely lyrics to Me & My Elvis aka Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster. Axl talked about it in the chats saying he sung it on Christmas Eve….it’s one of the meanest things he’s ever sung

True, he said the bridge was the meanest most venomous thing he ever sung. I'm curious as to what this means because he described TIL's bridge in another comment and I wasn't aware it had one. I always thought a bridge was a vocal part connecting the verses to the chorus, but TIL obviously doesn't have that. I'm not really well versed in song structure.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

True, he said the bridge was the meanest most venomous thing he ever sung. I'm curious as to what this means because he described TIL's bridge in another comment and I wasn't aware it had one. I always thought a bridge was a vocal part connecting the verses to the chorus, but TIL obviously doesn't have that. I'm not really well versed in song structure.

Intro to Music theory was one of the best classes i ever took as an elective. I just took it bc i was interested…imagine that? Taking a class just because you’re interested and not because it leads to a vocation.

There is a loose science behind music. The loose part is what makes the difference between an artist and an amateur.

Board footer