You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash talks new GNR music in Rolling Stone

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, Absurd got them a lot of negative feedback. Most comments on social media were ripping them apart for releasing such a jarring song, especially as the first new song to feature Axl, Slash and Duff in 30 years.

Hardschool is a much more traditional rocker, and coupled with a cool filmclip of some live performance footage video, it could’ve gotten a much better response.

Instead they drew all the wrong attention with Absurd, that by the time they released Hardschool 2 months later, no one really cared anymore.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

And I still think it’ll be hilarious if they actually do release a newly re-recorded OMG, with Slash and Duff on it.

One of the songs that they apparently refused to work on 25 years ago, and I bet nothing would be more pleasing to old Axl, than to have them sucking up and playing on it now…

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's kind of funny seeing how CD was criticized for being ballad heavy, but they really need a big ballad to repair that bungled roll out of singles. I'm not sure Atlas fits that bill, maybe they totally retooled it from something cool into something great. They need a Prostitute or TWAT level single.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, Absurd got them a lot of negative feedback. Most comments on social media were ripping them apart for releasing such a jarring song, especially as the first new song to feature Axl, Slash and Duff in 30 years.

Hardschool is a much more traditional rocker, and coupled with a cool filmclip of some live performance footage video, it could’ve gotten a much better response.

Instead they drew all the wrong attention with Absurd, that by the time they released Hardschool 2 months later, no one really cared anymore.

I can't believe they somehow managed to fuck up the easiest media/PR roll-out in history. The first new song from the OG GN'R crew in 30 years, and they push out… Absurd. With wonky misaligned lyrics that are off the beat.

For fuck's sake, all you had to do was drop Hard Skool, then Atlas, then push out an album. Preferably one that involves the principal members, y'know, sitting, jamming and recording in a room together like every normal band on the fucking planet. But no, it's cut-and-pasted guitar overdubs bodged onto 20-year-old demos and "I can't say for sure when the album is."

Board footer