You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: SOG single coming?

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Efestivals have changed the status for GNR and Arctic Monkeys to TBC for Glastonbury, they tend to know the headliners, so it looks like the text was right. There are also other stories around in other European countries of GNR playing, so it looks like dates are getting booked. Still nothing from the record label about future releases

It's a bit weird that they'd be doing a London festival date as well as Glastonbury. Thought the festivals normally liked exclusivity?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Efestivals have changed the status for GNR and Arctic Monkeys to TBC for Glastonbury, they tend to know the headliners, so it looks like the text was right. There are also other stories around in other European countries of GNR playing, so it looks like dates are getting booked. Still nothing from the record label about future releases

It's a bit weird that they'd be doing a London festival date as well as Glastonbury. Thought the festivals normally liked exclusivity?

Quite alot of bands play BST and Glastonbury. To be honest, I'm was surprised when they announced BST, because they tried to arrange it years ago after Coachella, but it never worked out. So anything is possible I guess

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The whole, “we have new music ready”, then promising that “this new music will come out by this time frame”, then it not coming out, and with no explanation as to why, is just boring at this stage.

No one gives a shit about the supposed mystery of this band. They just appear to be inept and stupid.

I’d love new music as much as the next person, but following the drama of it all is tiresome.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Back in the day forums would explore at even the slightest suggestion of new music. Either no one believes them or gives a shit now. Sad really

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm also starting to question the 'single' strategy, one at a time. Albums have more impact IMO

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

They have been teasing a single song for 4 months ffs

And no album in 14 years

Current generation has zero tolerance for zero communication ... also technology has bred a society with zero patience...very much what have u done for me lately

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

My daughter is doing an essay on gnr for music class...I explained to her who Izzy was and that he said no to reunion

She said, "is that why all their new songs suck?" Lmao

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

They have been teasing a single song for 4 months ffs

And no album in 14 years

Current generation has zero tolerance for zero communication ... also technology has bred a society with zero patience...very much what have u done for me lately

4 months? Slash mentioned in an interview at the start of last year, that new music should be out to coincide with their Summer (ie. June) tour. It’s now January the following year…

Though I think Slash said again later in the year that the redone CD leftovers should be out late last year, after Summer came and went. 

If it’s recorded and done, just fucking release them. Why is it so difficult?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Well it's been 4 months since hard skool...i gave them the benefit of the doubt for some reason lol

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

If Taylor swift can surprise drop an album and 7 bonus tracks then gnr should be able to release a single 20 years in the making lmao

Board footer