You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

misterID wrote:

I don’t care how the songs come out as long as they come out

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Bruh...

Remember when Axl said there are like 54 songs or some shit? That was like 16 years ago, wtf

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the majority of those songs were instrumentals

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Still he was saying we'd have 3 albums by 2010 and we've only had 2 official songs released as of 2022 ... and we are still hopeful for an album

Basically Slash is saying no new music has been made ... in basically forever ... Probably since Bumble joined ... didn't DJ say he brought ideas to the table but they were all rejected?

Sounds Axl just keeps getting the most recent gnr members to add to pre-existing material ... still holding onto the song ideas rejected by Universal in 2006

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Just saying Its probably time to work on some music that is relevant to current times

Kids aren't interested in hard skool and absurd...a grunge style rocker and industrial dance music...my kids like afd stuff and when i played them the new songs they were like nope, why are these songs so bad?

it's nowhere near the sound of shit that is played on radio or in Spotify playlists rn

Why not try something in the vein of Greta van fleet or rival sons? Probably be easier for Axl to pull off live...his falsetto is gone...just admit it, rearrange the hits into a more midrange voice for live performances...reinvent yourself

Or give it up

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I think Axl should do 2 hours of concert, not 3.
They should make a new "comfortable" record for Axl.
If HARD SKOOL had come out in 2018, ok ... but since 2020 Axl has dropped a lot.
ABSURD I don't consider it.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Just saying Its probably time to work on some music that is relevant to current times

Kids aren't interested in hard skool and absurd...a grunge style rocker and industrial dance music...my kids like afd stuff and when i played them the new songs they were like nope, why are these songs so bad?

it's nowhere near the sound of shit that is played on radio or in Spotify playlists rn

Why not try something in the vein of Greta van fleet or rival sons? Probably be easier for Axl to pull off live...his falsetto is gone...just admit it, rearrange the hits into a more midrange voice for live performances...reinvent yourself

Or give it up

How is Hard Skool a grunge rocker? It sounds like a song that would’ve fit on a UYI III

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Wilco wrote:

How is Hard Skool a grunge rocker? It sounds like a song that would’ve fit on a UYI III

U want UYI 3? Listen to Pawnshop Guitars, It's 5 O'clock Somewhere and Beleive in Me ... maybe throw in This I Love, There Was A Time and Catcher in the Rye

Hard Skool is ... not like any of that

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Wilco wrote:

U want UYI 3? Listen to Pawnshop Guitars, It's 5 O'clock Somewhere and Beleive in Me ... maybe throw in This I Love, There Was A Time and Catcher in the Rye

Hard Skool is ... not like any of that

Hard Skool to me strikes me as sounding very similar to the descriptions by Slash, Duff, Matt as to the material they were working on in the mid 90s. The intro is not dissimilar from a YCBM / AFD style dramatic guitar intro, the rhythm sounds like a 90s era Slash thing, and the first solo (the bluesy style one) to me sounds like it could’ve fit off Aint Life Grand

Bear in mind I think it’s very “GNR by numbers” but I do not at all see any grunge sound to it

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

We agree to disagree then...

What 90s slash song is similar guitar work to Hard Skool? I honestly cannot think of any...slash's guitar compositions usually have more blues based embelisments and not just 3 chords repeated...that's more of Bush/Green Day/Nirvana/Pumpkins thing

Not saying I dislike the song...just that it's more of a 90s rock thing (maybe grunge was the wrong term) ...

Board footer