You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

misterID wrote:

Saw someone say Dummy was Cuban Skies, was this just a guess?

The funny thing about those Bucket demos was how different Shacklers ended up, which sounds like a hybrid of other demos (Prom Violence) but Sorry is pretty much the same as the demo

I believe someone from Mygnr sent Dummy to the guy at stevehoffmanforum who claimed to have been played Cuban Skies and he said they were different. If I remember right that guy claimed it had flamenco style guitar in it.

I don't think Curly Shuffle is Seven I think Circus Maximus is. We know Beltrami worked on Seven and actually wrote a guitar part for it and I dont think Curly Shuffle lends itself to an orchestration

But who knows for sure

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Er.

https://twitter.com/DevilsJointYT/status/1690061936770027520

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Really? Why do you think that? Circus Maximus is basically a kind of abstract instrumental. Those two songs are completely structured. Didn’t he also say Seven was the best of the bunch?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Er.

[/embed]
Well

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Er.

[/embed]
Well

Someone on Reddit was claiming it's leaked on the dark web.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The trolls are getting less creative and quite frankly boring. We need a better class of trolls like we had a few years ago, when they literally printed fake Village track lists that had to be discredited by experts like Wagszilla. And of course that fake UMG document that fooled Alan Niven and Mitch Lafon.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:

Really, why do you think that? Circus Maximus is basically a kind of abstract instrumental. Those two songs are completely structured. Didn’t he also say Seven was the best of the bunch?

Listen to Brain at 1 min in

He says Seven was a jam based off of Ben Hurr. There is admittedly no Ben Hurr sample in Circus Maximus but the place Circus Maximus is where the chariot race was shot in Ben Hurr. It's a weak link I admit but i wouldn't be surprised if the locker leaks version is a jam that got turned into Seven

Who knows

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

FWIW the image for that “General” tweet does look like a still from a concert backing screen video.

Every time I remember James’ comment that GNR should not play the Sphere in Vegas because they would show endless skeletons, only in IMAX size, I laugh. Sadly, that is about the extent of their ideas.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

How did we get from one or two singles to ONE album?  That part is not really believable to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

The “Remarks” section says 10:00 - 45:00, but the box also says it is Take 1.

Does that imply a 35-second or 35-minute version?! Or does it reference a measure of tape length?

Not sure but 35 mins would make sense for a song if it's individual instrument stems too. Eg 3 mins song played by 10 different instruments separately etc.

Although I notice it 'slave reel'  too which i think was what they used mixdowns of some tracks to record further overdubs against....but I don't really know what the hell i'm talking about as I never recorded on DAT or the stuff they would have been using back then really.

Board footer