You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

misterID wrote:

I remember the double album of CD was supposed to have several instrumentals and that jives with the locker release

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I hear that Beltrami's second session of work didn't include Thyme. If they intended to use it (which it seems like they did from what you say) then they must of been happy with his initial work. Perhaps it didn't require more work like the other 3 did because it was just an intro, if you line them up it's quite hard to make the two work as anything other than an intro or extended outro like Prossy had.

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so others could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

Zodiac came from a journalist, the one who said it sounded like Teen Spirit/Nirvana

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so other could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

Zodiac came from a journalist, the one who said it sounded like Teen Spirit/Nirvana

If I recall correctly, didn't you also say Ides Of March never turned into a full song? Some people have speculated it morphed into Circus Maximus and then into Seven.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so other could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

If I recall correctly, didn't you also say Ides Of March never turned into a full song? Some people have speculated it morphed into Circus Maximus and then into Seven.

Ides of March was written by Dizzy, it was a loop instrumentental

Someone mentioned ages ago a link between Seven and Circus Maximus, linked to Rome. But it's all talk. I have no idea.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

I remember the double album of CD was supposed to have several instrumentals and that jives with the locker release

God, I would have loved that. That would have been amazing.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Just to also add, someone told me that Circus Maximus was also inspired by Ben Hur, the movie was filmed there, and the author was from Indiana

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just to also add, someone told me that Circus Maximus was also inspired by Ben Hur, the movie was filmed there, and the author was from Indiana

Wow, you are right! So growing up Axl probably heard of the author as a fellow Indiana resident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lew_Wallace

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Thanks for the info Sp1at.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

monkeychow wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just listened to mysterious soundcheck song #2 and the last minute of Oklahoma again. They sound nothing alike. You people are high.

For me this jam in rehersal:

https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

I used that clip to make an extended version of that jam, I like it, if it's not Oklahoma I hope it turns into something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-zr8STLSRs

Now I can hear the drum beat without frank pausing and I hear it looped, i'm pretty sure that this is The General, the drum beat is very close to the version heard in the cell phone clip. It's not exactly the same but it seems like its franks version of someone elses drum beat. Close but not the same, with his own spin on it.

I will be very interested to see if this gets sound checked again soon and if anyone can record it if it does.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just listened to mysterious soundcheck song #2 and the last minute of Oklahoma again. They sound nothing alike. You people are high.

For me this jam in rehersal:

https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

I used that clip to make an extended version of that jam, I like it, if it's not Oklahoma I hope it turns into something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-zr8STLSRs

Now I can hear the drum beat without frank pausing and I hear it looped, i'm pretty sure that this is The General, the drum beat is very close to the version heard in the cell phone clip. It's not exactly the same but it seems like its franks version of someone elses drum beat. Close but not the same, with his own spin on it.

I will be very interested to see if this gets sound checked again soon and if anyone can record it if it does.

I initially thought this jam was The General as well, in the earlier leaked clip (https://sndup.net/h9cx/) the chords reminded me of the intro played before the concerts. Then when I first heard the clip posted above I thought maybe not, it's a little too different in style, but what you've done here just confirms it. That is almost a complete match for what Brain is playing in the cellphone clip, just with a different spin from Frank as you said.

Board footer