You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

misterID wrote:

I wonder how the orchestrations fit in. Is it an intro or is it playing over the song itself?

Well i recomend decent head phones, but when the hip hop loop part comes in you can hear it. Now it's buried and I mean VERY buried in the audio but it's there. Only parts of it mind you, but then we only have parts of the song, so I wouldn't expect to hear it all.

I did years ago try to layer over the 06 intro over the clip, but anyone who has ever done that may notice a slight tempo descrepency.

I believe the reason for that may be the frame rate different audio is sourced from. If you have ever tried making a mix of a live track using audio from different sources you may notice that audio taken from 2 different phones layered over each other doesn't quite match up, one will be slightly quicker than the other. If someone booted a show on an actual recorder like a mini Zoom or something it was still common for phone audio from the exact same gig/song to be different tempo

This is not so much a problem now as everyone is shooting 1080p 60fps bare minimum but it was quite a problem back in the day.

The other option is they changed Beltramis work, or even scrapped it and used pittman on a synth but those options are less likely i think.

I don't believe Beltramis stuff is an intro or outro however, if it was I doubt it would have so much silence between the parts. More likely it's the "Additional Instruments" stem to use Rockband multis languge lol.

They earliest I have traced the Beltrami stuff back to in terms of people who I believe were played stuff/ have discs was a guy named Blaster back in 2003, I believe Lourenco may have had contact with him. People spent so much time scouring GN'R forums for leads on it, but only a few it seems had the idea to search message boards for Marco Beltrami. Blaster claimed in 2003 he was played a cd with 3 songs on of Beltrami's stuff and said it was all intricate epic sounding songs. Of course in 2005 when we learn that Beltrami's second pass on the work didn't include Thyme it would indicate that guy probably heard a disk after Beltrami's second session of work....

anyway im rambling

Shacklermyrye

Here we go, seems clear to me that soundcheck tune is The General
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRiDol5mCqc

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I’m pretty convinced it’s The General

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Really terrific work!

The video mentioned AI stem splitters to isolate different instruments.

Which programs do you recommend? Do you get better results using a CD vs. an MP3 or are they pretty much the same in terms of final product?

It has been 20 years but I wonder if this Blaster guy is still around and has those three songs.

Shacklermyrye

ClaudeF wrote:

Really terrific work!

Which programs do you recommend? Do you get better results using a CD vs. an MP3 or are they pretty much the same in terms of final product?

It has been 20 years but I wonder if this Blaster guy is still around and has those three songs.

Thank man, I use https://www.lalal.ai/ It does cost money but it's been pretty good for the locker leaks. I have decent sounding accapella's/ instrumentals, drum tracks from all the locker leaks. A few pages back i posted the Perhaps accapella. Use WAV or FLAC files if you can

In terms of splitting the cell clip obviously it doesnt work as well and it's impossible to get rid of all the crowd chatter without damaging the audio you want to keep.

Dadud

Dadud wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Really terrific work!

Thank man, I use https://www.lalal.ai/ It does cost money but it's been pretty good for the locker leaks. I have decent sounding accapella's/ instrumentals, drum tracks from all the locker leaks. A few pages back i posted the Perhaps accapella. Use WAV or FLAC files if you can

In terms of splitting the cell clip obviously it doesnt work as well and it's impossible to get rid of all the crowd chatter without damaging the audio you want to keep.

May i suggest trying ULTIMATE VOCAL REMOVER? it does fairly well with ripping vocals from any song that i want to convert to Aixl vocals. im sure someone with some technical mixing knowhow could maybe clean up the background noise from the cellphone clip more, if it works better than lalal.ai

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

[/embed]

Nice work mate!

I think that The General is a song about 7 minutes or something like that, but there are not too much vocals recorded, I think It is principally a lot of instrumental, that also makes sense on why It's in the setlist.

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

[/embed]

Nice work mate!

I think that The General is a song about 7 minutes or something like that, but there are not too much vocals recorded, I think It is principally a lot of instrumental, that also makes sense on why It's in the setlist.

Thanks man, I don't doubt that there are words that are wrong, but pretty sure at least a few of them are right.

Shacklermyrye

Dadud wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Really terrific work!

May i suggest trying ULTIMATE VOCAL REMOVER? it does fairly well with ripping vocals from any song that i want to convert to Aixl vocals. im sure someone with some technical mixing knowhow could maybe clean up the background noise from the cellphone clip more, if it works better than lalal.ai

Ill check it out when i get chance 22

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

[/embed]

Nice work mate!

Thanks man, I don't doubt that there are words that are wrong, but pretty sure at least a few of them are right.

It's easy that some words are incorrect just because of the audio is difficult to understand, but your work is excellent I repeat, now we have a better idea of the song!

Board footer