You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Scabbie wrote:

What an opportunity to drop circus maximus!

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/italy … ximus.html

And it's July the seventh month of the year!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

What an opportunity to drop circus maximus!

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/italy … ximus.html

And it's July the seventh month of the year!

Holy shit! lol

You may be on to something!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Happy Independence Day.

https://sndup.net/g8q8/

Yeah this is definitely the song I had from Limewire/Kazaa in 2002-03. Wacky to hear it again.

Even wackier is there's nothing that actually screams fake about it. Only way to do that is to find the source of the clip... almost impossible at this point.

Anyone remember that other song labeled as from Chinese Democracy with vocals but they weren't Axl....the assumption it might have been Tommy, Dizzy, or Finck?

No...it's not Anybody from Asphalt Ballet. It was something else.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

In this clip Brain talks about seven being inspired by Ben hur. In the locker leaks i don't believe there are any Ben Hurr samples to be fair. But there is a jam called Circus Maximus which is where the chariot scene from Ben Hurr was shot. Again it's a assumption but seems logical to me that Circus Maximus = Se7en. Also remember Circus Maximus is labeled as (Version 1) and dates from 11/07/00 which predates the work that Marco beltrami did on it.

[/embed]

I think it's Seven too.

Having said that...there is an example of Seven in the Village Sessions leak....

Devious Bastard uses samples of the Freedom 7 mission.

Coincidence?!?

Maybe they added the samples to the other song later on?

Another thing regarding Circus Maximus=Seven..... we're skipping The Ides of March...which was a legit song title at some point.

In the Axl forum chats when he confirmed Ides Of March i believe there was a (98) next to it. Which puts it around the same age as Oklaholma. That cannot be Se7en as Brain was not in the band at that point, As he said in that clip above he was there when that was being written as a jam & was involved with it.

In theory it could be Devious Bastard but remember Beltrami worked on the song and wrote a guitar part for it. I can see how Circus Maximus could lend itself to orchestration but not Devious bastard at all. It's circumstantial but it seems most likely that Circus Maximus is indeed Se7en.

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:

I've just check out Circus Maximus which I have not listened for a long time and there are some good parts there and It is logical to think that It can be Seven for the reason that the first minute and a half could be where he did some work just because It's like an introduction.
The thing is that if this confirms to be true, my expectations for The General are pretty low because he pointed out that Seven was his favourite of The General, Leave me Alone and Seven!
When I Talk about he is Marco Beltrami Who worked on this 3 songs + thyme

I see what you mean but that is just his opinion. Either he or Buckmaster also said Twat was not a memorable song so opinions vary.
If I was him though I would probably like the song I wrote a guitar part on best as well, i'm sure his bank would prefer that one over the other 3 lol

Shacklermyrye

BTW in terms of songs that were at least looked at for Chinese then remember Axl tried to contact Izzy about the songs he had recorded with Duff. we know this because....

In '95, Duff and I recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of  months ago I had a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you  did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, but I haven't come back to know anything." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

There were actually about 10 songs demo'd over a week & amongst them was Toothpuller on which Dizzy said.....

“Izzy used to be a great songwriter- his contributions to Guns N’ Roses first album are phenomenal. But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire… I mean I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio… and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" – it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out. [Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean… this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he’s writing about getting his tooth pulled… I mean come on… can you imagine Axl singing that live?’(Dizzy https://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=30945 )

There was also a song called Machine Gun, all these were stored on an Ampex 456 DAT tape called GN'R DEMO's REEL 3, which obviously suggests there was at least another 2 DAT tapes.

These were discovered in storage and handed over to management in 2019. I do wonder if there is a chance that Machine Gun is infact an early version of Quicksong due to one of the locker leak versions having that Machine gun style drum sample thing at the start. It also feels more in the style of the old band than other songs on the locker cd's. There's pictures out there of these DAT tapes that shows the date 18th April 1995, I believe they used Taz on drums.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think that Tooth Puller was a fake/troll interview

Shacklermyrye

misterID wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/3V5I1PY

The interview with the song name pre-dates the the picture of the DAT tape i uploaded above.

That picture didnt appear until the guy who stored the DAT tapes posted it on mygnr years later.

For the interview to be fake, they would have had to know there was an actual song called toothpuller in 2006. I find it hard to believe they did.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Whatever you think about him, Jay Leno has been doing standup, sometimes unannounced, through his entire career because he said other comics he admired would lose their edge if they were out of the field too long.

Look at Samuel L. Jackson. That man is constantly making a movie or TV show. He is dedicated to his craft.

I fully believe that Izzy may have lost his own artistic focus after being away for a few years. From what we have heard, he never wanted to be a star. Axl’s ambition and friendship probably brought out his best. He is kind of like Jeff Beck: An amazing talent but also a bit adrift. Beck needed others to help him focus. Izzy did, but no longer even seems interested.

Duff and Slash never had that problem. They love composing and performing. Izzy … doesn’t seem to.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
misterID wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/3V5I1PY

The interview with the song name pre-dates the the picture of the DAT tape i uploaded above.

That picture didnt appear until the guy who stored the DAT tapes posted it on mygnr years later.

For the interview to be fake, they would have had to know there was an actual song called toothpuller in 2006. I find it hard to believe they did.

It that interview was real all of them are tools

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

To be honest, i´m jast interested in new music... I´m tired of seeing this band touring and touring again without new album since CD.
I think Absurd and Hard Skhool are very simple songs and they are not in the level of big guns.
Perhaps has potential, maybe the general, thyme... i don´t know. But it´s really sad for a hardcore fan like many of us they don´t give us new music... it´s the same if they are the CD leftovers or new music. But this band is not a band anymore. Bands create and release music.
They are just making money.
That´s my opinion and i respect all opinions from different people and fans.

Board footer