You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

ClaudeF wrote:

Does anyone else think “My Fellow Americans (the Hindenburg track) sounds like a slow-building song introduction like we got for the final versions of “Chinese Democracy” or “Riad”?

If so maybe it was something Brain and Pitman put together.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Stay.Of.Execution over at MYgnr is at the soundcheck at the show in Frankfurt and claims he has heard the 06 General intro playing. I dont know if there is video yet but this guy is not a known liar so i tend to believe him

Shacklermyrye

ClaudeF wrote:

Does anyone else think “My Fellow Americans (the Hindenburg track) sounds like a slow-building song introduction like we got for the final versions of “Chinese Democracy” or “Riad”?

If so maybe it was something Brain and Pitman put together.

I can see what you mean, who knows if its real or not. I'm certainly not as sure it's fake as I used to be

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Stay.Of.Execution over at MYgnr is at the soundcheck at the show in Frankfurt and claims he has heard the 06 General intro playing. I dont know if there is video yet but this guy is not a known liar so i tend to believe him

Also he Talk to Frank and he asked him about playing Perhaps, and he answered him that It is all prepared and hopes to be soon, but It will be on a spontanious moment!

Hearing this 2 tunes on this tour would be so good!

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

I went to check the thread. It is here: https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225886 … rk/page/4/

The discussion says the piece of music heard during the soundcheck sounds like the intro used in 2006:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4e4JYBkKu … 92YSByb2Nr

To see if it came from an official source I played that clip on my computer and used the Shazam app to check it out. Nothing came up. Rather I got this message:

No result.

We didn’t quite catch that

If they do use that again tonight, is there any way to record an inner-ear monitor feed of the music, without crowd noise?

Shacklermyrye

The only way your going to get IEM's is if someone from the camp leaks it, execption seems to be Japan where years ago I think someone was intercepting the feed somehow, probably why a lot of IEM stuff and soundboard stuff originates from there.

The most helpful thing would be if people were able to record soundchecks like the people in Glasgow did

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

I am listening to the live stream at https://m.facebook.com/GNR.FANS.NL/vide … 977202796/

Axl didn’t sing the “ahhh” scream in “Absurd.” He just pointed in the air when the recording played. Is that something new with him?

Shacklermyrye

ClaudeF wrote:

I am listening to the live stream at https://m.facebook.com/GNR.FANS.NL/vide … 977202796/

Axl didn’t sing the “ahhh” scream in “Absurd.” He just pointed in the air when the recording played. Is that something new with him?

I saw it too, i think he was pointing at Slash just before he played some lead. He does seem to be pointing at people on stage a lot these days though

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

There is a lot of warmth to his stage interactions. He also went up to Slash to rest a hand on his shoulder which was great to see. Shows how their friendship has rebounded.

What was weird was his choice not to sing the scream. At the House of Blues performance he visibly loved the vocal gymnastics. Now he is … relying on tapes?

He should run around less to preserve his lung capacity. Same trap Mick Jagger got onto around 1981. Everyone saw him sprinting across the stage in that concert that aired on cable TV (on HBO, I think?) and expected it of him, whereas in the ‘60s and ‘70s he tended to stand at the microphone.

Still curious to see if they spring a new song on us.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

I've commented on Mygnrforum, a fan asked Richard about we are all tired we want new things and he answered: so probably better you must rest for a while.

I don't know if these means no Chinese leftlovers released anytime soon or no new music that was something we already knew

Board footer