You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: The General and Monsters

harmon420 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Listening to the cellphone clip again, now that I know what I am listening to and can hear the lyrics, it is a shame we never got to hear that version.

This version is fine but as much as Slash's contributions sound fine, the song clearly was not originally going for a blues rock guitar sound as part of it and what can be heard on that cellphone clip sounds much better.

The guitars sound bad ass on the cell phone clip. As much as I dig the leak, I would love to hear that version.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I knew it was never a combined song….completely different subject matter and writing credits

Yep.

The General - child abuse

Monsters - Another Steph song

Plain and simple.

The saddest part is I doubt Seymour has ever listened to any of these songs and might not even know of their existence.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seymour has had a pretty messed up last decade or so. I’m sure this stuff is the last thing on her mind. The last I heard was her son made fun of Axl, Erin Everly came to Axl’s defense and dogged him. Then he died of an overdose

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

The last I heard was her son made fun of Axl, Erin Everly came to Axl’s defense and dogged him.

I must have missed that one.

I remember Erin's auctions that included journals/hand-written notes/lyrics from Axl, and then Instagram posts with her at GNR shows, but not anything like that!

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

I remember hearing  that Erin defended Axl.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

The last I heard was her son made fun of Axl, Erin Everly came to Axl’s defense and dogged him.

I must have missed that one.

I remember Erin's auctions that included journals/hand-written notes/lyrics from Axl, and then Instagram posts with her at GNR shows, but not anything like that!

https://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 69#p344669

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seymour has had a pretty messed up last decade or so. I’m sure this stuff is the last thing on her mind. The last I heard was her son made fun of Axl, Erin Everly came to Axl’s defense and dogged him. Then he died of an overdose

He wasn't making fun of Axl. He used the "hit by a truck" line Axl said about Stephanie way back as a way to compliment her on her birthday, and Erin pretended to get offended on behalf of Axl because she was desperately trying to get Axl's attention throughout much of 2016.

misterID

misterID wrote:

From what I remember he was saying Axl looked like he was hit by a truck

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
misterID wrote:

From what I remember he was saying Axl looked like he was hit by a truck

No, he used the alleged Axl quote to wish happy birthday to his mom. I posted the link to the old thread above.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dude, it’s not that big of a deal. Axl said “I’ve been hit by a truck…” the kid said “you were hit by a truck” you can take that any way you want. And it’s not an alleged quote, Axl said it

Board footer