You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Anyone have a link, still haven't heard it yet?

And is the consensus that The General is an older version?

No one is 100% sure

It does not sound like Slash yet the Monsters part does

Also its weird how the vocal mix is shit on The General and the reason why the record got delayed is bc they were not happy with the mix

I think these two versions are probably what we will be getting

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I do feel like the bass slide on Monsters is a tell, but I also hear Finckishness. Long bends and weakish tone.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I do feel like the bass slide on Monsters is a tell, but I also hear Finckishness. Long bends and weakish tone.

the bass sounds like slither

so if that is tommy from 1999 and not duff its crazy how tommy came up with a slither sounding bass line back then.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Isn’t that a voice box on General? That’s a Slash thing

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Isn’t that a voice box on General? That’s a Slash thing

I thought the same as soon as I heard it

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

so if that is tommy from 1999 and not duff its crazy how tommy came up with a slither sounding bass line back then.

Yeah i meant it sounds like Duff but I hear at least some Finck in guitars. Which isn’t far-fetched based on the Perhaps solo fiasco.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Monsters fucking rules. Hope it’s officially a standalone track.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Monsters fucking rules. Hope it’s officially a standalone track.

Christ now I’m worried they took 2 good songs and made a not good song.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah i meant it sounds like Duff but I hear at least some Finck in guitars. Which isn’t far-fetched based on the Perhaps solo fiasco.

yeah to me Monsters sounds like Duff like what he did in VR like on Slither.
What I mean about Tommy is, if that is not Duff on bass and its a demo from the CD sessions and its Tommy on bass, its crazy how Tommy came up with the slither bass lines before Duff

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

yeah to me Monsters sounds like Duff like what he did in VR like on Slither.
What I mean about Tommy is, if that is not Duff on bass and its a demo from the CD sessions and its Tommy on bass, its crazy how Tommy came up with the slither bass lines before Duff

Understand, thanks.

Imagine a petty Slash and Duff using their insiders to scoop ChiDem material and ripping it off for their big post-GnR hit? I’m going to write fan fiction for this band.

Board footer