You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Clear wrote:

Ok, as you say, can we just move on, please

Clear wrote:

When I give my opinion that is just as valid as anybody else's is you don't tell others to move on after they give their opinions. How are their opinions more valid than mine?

Clear

Clear wrote:

big_smile

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
Clear wrote:

When I give my opinion that is just as valid as anybody else's is you don't tell others to move on after they give their opinions. How are their opinions more valid than mine?

Yes but when we give our opinion we don’t  drag it on for days like a dead horse saying the same thing . We get it, you think it’s robin, we think it’s slash. End of debate

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

They sound different in the context of normal live variation vs studio recording. They sound the same in the context of comparing two different players and styles and interpretations.

If it’s Robin on the version we heard then Slash has done literally nothing to it. Which is unlikely when considering the other tracks we’ve heard.

It is likely because Slash did do something to it. But not with a demo. What Slash did is on the NON demo product. And that is what you'll get on the vinyl. What I get and have is Robin on the demo.

its slash on those leaks lol

Tmgladden wrote:
Clear wrote:

Yes but when we give our opinion we don’t  drag it on for days like a dead horse saying the same thing . We get it, you think it’s robin, we think it’s slash. End of debate

But you could be wrong, and you and the majority always say it is Slash and beat that to a dead horse. The ones who say Slash beat the dead horse. Nobody calls them out on it. You just single me out. We still don't know for sure. So, the debate isn't over until we know. And you know why you gang up on me and single me out? It's because I don't like Slash and worship Slash. And because I don't act like Slash is my GOD.

WLMusic

WLMusic wrote:

In the General leaks the wah lead line sounds trademark Slash. The phrasing of it harkens to many recordings (Grave Dancer, Come On Come In, Shine, PtU). One of the other rhythm guitar parts has a tone similar to a sitar and Fortus had that picture of the Electro Harmonix Ravish Sitar pedal in his live rig earlier in the tour. That is a pedal that came out in 2011, long after Finck/Buckethead had left.

I haven't listened to the live performance yet so I can't comment on the solo plus it is hard to hear on the leaks. The leaks sound like they are at a reduced sample rate compared to full quality. My first listen of the leaks I thought it was Slash on the leak, if not the shredding sounded more like how Fortus plays live more than anything I've heard from Finck.

The verse rhythm section in Monsters has a lot of two guitar interplay that reminds me of how Izzy/Slash played. The rhythm guitar parts throughout both songs have more detail/intricacies to them than the CD band typically had which tracks with Slash's recent recordings.

On both songs, some of the production choices/tones sound more modern than I would expect from an early 2000s demo. Im guessing Melissa redid some of the subtle synth parts and knocked it out of the park. The bass tone sounds like vintage Duff minus the chorus. All in all, these two tracks, to me, sound the most like a band settling in together.

When I Google Finck Strat I only see pictures of Les Paul's, a two humbucker Reverend, a Tele knock off, and a Schecter custom guitar. No pics of him with a Strat came up in my (limited) search.

P.S. Many people can like a song/performance by an artist when they didn't like other performances of that artists before. These songs are baller regardless of who plays on them.

WLMusic wrote:

In the General leaks the wah lead line sounds trademark Slash. The phrasing of it harkens to many recordings (Grave Dancer, Come On Come In, Shine, PtU). One of the other rhythm guitar parts has a tone similar to a sitar and Fortus had that picture of the Electro Harmonix Ravish Sitar pedal in his live rig earlier in the tour. That is a pedal that came out in 2011, long after Finck/Buckethead had left.

I haven't listened to the live performance yet so I can't comment on the solo plus it is hard to hear on the leaks. The leaks sound like they are at a reduced sample rate compared to full quality. My first listen of the leaks I thought it was Slash on the leak, if not the shredding sounded more like how Fortus plays live more than anything I've heard from Finck.

The verse rhythm section in Monsters has a lot of two guitar interplay that reminds me of how Izzy/Slash played. The rhythm guitar parts throughout both songs have more detail/intricacies to them than the CD band typically had which tracks with Slash's recent recordings.

On both songs, some of the production choices/tones sound more modern than I would expect from an early 2000s demo. Im guessing Melissa redid some of the subtle synth parts and knocked it out of the park. The bass tone sounds like vintage Duff minus the chorus. All in all, these two tracks, to me, sound the most like a band settling in together.

When I Google Finck Strat I only see pictures of Les Paul's, a two humbucker Reverend, a Tele knock off, and a Schecter custom guitar. No pics of him with a Strat came up in my (limited) search.

P.S. Many people can like a song/performance by an artist when they didn't like other performances of that artists before. These songs are baller regardless of who plays on them.

You gotta be kidding me. This feels like a set up. This doesn't feel like a Guns N Roses forum. This should be renamed the SLASH forum.

WLMusic

WLMusic wrote:

My post isn't a setup. I will be the first to admit, Fincks record solo to Better is perfect and I wish the live version was a little more faithful to the recording. I also really enjoyed the first half of his solo on the Perhaps demo but like the last half of Slashs. The prolonged bends where you can hear the subtle scraping of Slashs guitar strings on the fretboard are an excellent emotional compliment to returning to "Perhaps I was wrong..."

Bumblefoots Shacklers solo is excellent in my opinion. TWAT solo by Bucket is great as well.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Will we get other versions/demos/final mix of both songs at some point before the release? What do u think?

Board footer