You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Saikin wrote:

Matt on the official board also made this statement regarding STP:

Quote from Matt on the official board:

"When dates are confirmed, you guys will be the first to know. They have a new management and they are very good at communicating things to me. Sit tight and enjoy the ride."

So it sounds like STP have been in talks about a reunion for a while now.  And it also sheds light on just what this rumor entails.  I can't see them going with a whole new management team and Scott talking about recording a new album, and Dean talking about 'the time we're about to spend together is a true celebration' and thsi being a 'reunion of epic proportions'- and have it just be a reunion tour.  It will definently be more than that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

brand spanking new 2008 band photo thanks to Kretzl @ velvetrevolverforum.com

122mcy8.jpg

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I think i just came.

That is fucking amazing.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I'm so excited for this.

Accidentally, double-posted, so I'm gonna post my setlist hopes.

Setlist:
01. Dead and Bloated
02. Down
03. Vasoline
04. Unglued
05. Big Bang Baby
06. Interstate Love Song
07. Creep
08. Wicked Garden
09. All in the Suit You Wear
10. Wherever the River Goes
11. Sex Type Thing
12. Big Empty
13. Sour Girl
14. Vasoline
15. Crackerman
16. Plush

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

this was the set they played when i saw them in 1996..it was such a good show and was just after Scott got out of jail the first time..they dropped an unplugged type stage down from the ceiling midway through and played those five tunes then picked it up again and finished the show, the encore started @ bigbang baby and they dropped a ton of baloons from the ceiling into the pit..if anyone can find this show as a boot for me i would love ya forever 11

belowempty.com wrote:

GENERAL INFO:
Date: December 10, 1996
City: Detroit, MI
Venue: Palace of Auburn Hills

SET LIST:
Pop's Love Suicide
Crackerman
Meatplow
Tumble in the Rough
Vasoline
Still Remains
Silvergun Superman
Wicked Garden
Daisy (Acoustic)
Dancing Days (Acoustic)
Creep (Acoustic)
Pretty Penny (Acoustic)
Seven Caged Tigers (Acoustic)
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Plush
Piece Of Pie
Big Empty
Interstate Love Song
Lounge Fly
Lady Picture Show
Unglued
Big Bang Baby
Dead and Bloated
Sex Type Thing

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

April 7th, 2008- Something big is happening.  I have no idea what, but it's gotta be big.

Go to www.stonetemplepilots.com

You will see it says "April 7th, 2008.  Stone Temple Pilots Returns"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

since Scott is no longer in VR i'm moving this to the black hole 19

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS To Perform On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'

The reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will be the featured musical guests on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on the Thursday, May 1 episode (which will actually air the morning of May 2 beginning at 12:05 a.m.).

According to Billboard.com, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will next week announce plans for a summer tour of more than 50 amphitheaters.

The group has already confirmed a handful of festival dates, beginning with the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, on May 17-18.

Further details about STP's tour will be announced during an April 7 news conference at the Harry Houdini Estate in Los Angeles. It is still unclear whether the band will record new material.

Although STONE TEMPLE PILOTS broke up in 2002 under less than friendly circumstances, both singer Scott Weiland '” who just parted ways with VELVET REVOLVER following a very public ar of words '” and guitarist Dean DeLeo have said that the band members are all on good terms now. Weiland even told The Pulse of Radio he could envision making another STP album. "We were never a band that felt like we needed to lean too hard onto our muscle," he said. "We always felt like we had enough beauty and enough finesse in our music, you know, while we were together, that could carry us into a long career. So for us to make a record at an older age doesn't seem like a stretch, you know, 'cause we were never all about brawn."

The last STP album, "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", came out in 2001. The band's initial success in the early and mid-'90s was derailed in the latter part of the decade by Weiland's well-documented drug problems and arrests.

Weiland, who recently spent time in rehab at an undisclosed location, has struggled with substance abuse problems for more than a decade, although he has reportedly been clean for nearly four years until now. Questions about his condition flared a few weeks ago when he missed a VELVET REVOLVER performance at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, claiming transportation problems.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=94072

Thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGTH.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

How To Make A Reunion Tour Seem A Lot Less Noteworthy

stone_temple_pilots_01l.gifWeiland, the estranged singer of Velvet Revolver, has teamed up with members of Army Of Anyone and Bomb Shelter Studios owner Eric Kretz for a tour that will hit more than 50 amphitheaters this summer and fall. And this isn't the only unexpected supergroup that's formed from music's bigger names over the years'”other groups have also embarked on tours, while a few have even released albums. Other examples after the jump.

'¢ J. Mascis (More Light, Free So Free) and Lou Barlow (EMOH, New Folk Implosion) recently recorded an album with ex-Lemonhead Murph for Fat Possum Records.

'¢ Tarzan songwriter Phil Collins went on a world tour in 2007, backed by Mike from Mike + The Mechanics and new age keyboardist Tony Banks.

'¢ Frank Black, following the simultaneous release of his Black Letter Days and Devil's Workshop, changed his name to "Black Francis" and started a new touring band with Breeder Kim Deal (2002's Title TK), ex-Martini Joey Santiago and a magician known as The Scientific Phenomalist. They have since recorded a song for the soundtrack to Shrek 2, which was rejected.

'¢ The FutureEmbrace rocker Billy Corgan reteamed with Zwan compatriot Jimmy Chamberlain for an album with seven differently colored covers, and bonus tracks specific to the stores and countries where they could be exclusively purchased. On tour they are joined by members of The Lassie Foundation, the Halo Friendlies and a USC Jazz Piano graduate.

'¢ Flin Flon guitarist Mark Robinson performed a one-time engagement in DC with Teenbeat solo artist Phil Krauth and ex-con Bridget Cross.

'¢ Lutist Sting (Songs From The Labyrinth) introduced a new combo with jazz guitarist/film scorer Andy Summers and Oysterhead drummer/film scorer Stewart Copeland at the 2007 Grammy Awards.

Now it looks like singers Joey McIntyre and Jordan Knight will be harmonizing on Today with Saw II actor Donnie Wahlberg, Upper Street member Danny Wood, and Jordan's brother Jonathan, a real estate developer. What insanity could be waiting for us next? Morrissey teamed with a Modest Mouse guitarist? Justin Timberlake hooking up with JC Chasez, a would-be astronaut, the host of The Singing Bee and a dude with bad hair? God only knows.

Source: http://idolator.com/374588/how-to-make- … noteworthy

Board footer