You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: What happened to Axl's voice?

misterID wrote:

His “Come Together” at the RRHOF with Springsteen was absolutely BRUTAL. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had an operation because he was not the same during the mid 90s.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Didn't he go to Bazs guy in 06 or right before? For something. I kinda remember that.

AFter the first hammerstein show he lost his voice, and almost had to cancel the rest of the shows. But Baz gave Axl his vocal coach and that coach helped Axl so he was able to finish that set of shows, then  I think Axl just kept that coach for a bit

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

How do you explain Axl singing with AC/DC? My Gosh, It was almost perfect. Sounded so close to Brian. I was impressed.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Link31 wrote:

How do you explain Axl singing with AC/DC? My Gosh, It was almost perfect. Sounded so close to Brian. I was impressed.

He had something to prove, not to us but himself. That's my guess.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Link31 wrote:

Axl can sing like that when he wants. he just doesnt.

Just look at 2008 for example.

https://youtu.be/qn82yArZkJw?si=RSaifIoFoQrHv9vr

that is probably the best he has done WTTJ since the 90s

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Link31 wrote:

He had something to prove, not to us but himself. That's my guess.

Yea, plus it's not his band, so he needs to be up to their standards for his image's sake

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Axldc was totally unexpected given the chronology we have done, if he couldn't sing with his timbre from the 80s, 90s and in 2001 we assumed and took for granted that he couldn't sing like before, what's the point of him appearing with acdc in that way?

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

The translator played a trick on me. I wanted to say that I was perplexed when listening to axldc because I thought I had lost that voice. He made it clear that I hadn't lost it at all! It was totally unexpected because of how he sang, it didn't make sense to me. ,and that's why this thread, What happened to Axl's voice?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He’s done that a couple of times. Everyone thought the rasp was gone after 02. Then he pitched up in 06 sounding like it was 92 again.

Then after a strong start in 09 the final few years of the seemingly endless post CD tour it sounded like the rasp was long gone. When he returned again with the reunion he sounded good but measured. Then he joins AC/DC and the rasp is back in full force.

He still has it in the locker I think but uses it sparingly these days. Presumably not able to sustain a full tour singing that way anymore. Which at 60 is understandable.

What I’ve noticed more strikingly this year is the decline of his cleaner (helium/mickey) voice that as been his fall back voice when not using rasp in the last 20 years. He really seems to have lost a lot of power in that range in the last 12 months.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

Totally agree, I just saw the Hollywood Bowl show a few days ago and I was surprised because I had also noticed the decline, Mickey and here he continues to handle himself very well, end of tour I guess!

Board footer