You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: *FALSE* "The Collective's" unofficial statement regarding C.D.

Backslash wrote:

^I think if a song called Broken does exist, it's more likely that Ron doesn't know about it.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

Hey....nice Crib.

Anyway this thing is faker than Pam Anderson's breast.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

All I know is this sounds like some teenage boy's fantasy story written for High School. The "Collective" sound like some weird mysterious cult. I can see them putting a hand into the middle of the table on a copy of Chinese Democracy waiting for it to spell out the release date on a ouija board.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If that 'memo' is from Interscope you can call me Jimmy Iovine.

It makes it sound like they're all a big family down there and that everything from day to day is about Axl.

Particularly when former Interscope artists like Trent Reznor have been vocal about the labels politics regarding the artists leaving a lot to be desired. While Jimmy Iovine, an industry veteran, may be a stand-up guy, he unfortunately cannot represent the entire company. He's a part of the system, although a more influential part than most.

The language used in this memo is something Merck would've used (and he did), because a manager needs to stand by his client no matter what. Interscope people would be more interested in how on earth they could sell one to three albums of original material with an exceptionally big production budget, particularly in the current day and age, when the compact disc as a medium is slowly dying.

The Madagascar quotes are something used in an attempt to gain credence, as Tom Zutaut just recently told Classic Rock there was some uncertainty concerning them. Problems with clearing the licenses are nothing new in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not surprised Axl and co. had left it for so long. While it may be stupid considering that there's always the possibility that the rights to one or more samples cannot be secured, they've always had more immediate problems to consider, like finishing the album.

As for Baz, he has his own label (the quaintly named Get Off My Bach Productions), which signed a partnership deal with Merovingian Music (a daughter company of EMI) to release and distribute Angel Down. Unless Baz personally has a problem with himself being on CD, the memo writer is well off the mark. Other people participating in the CD sessions on a regular basis (aside Brian May) have been contracted to GNR, which means all their contributions are owned by whomever picks up the studio bill - either the label or Axl.

If Universal/GNR have had legal wranglings with Bucket over the use of his material, one has to ask what sort of a contract he was on, anyway. "Come down to the studio any time you want, play whatever you want, tour with us if you feel like it, cash the cheque and we'll call you back if we'll use your contributions, ok?" Sorry. If Bucket would've had even the slightest opportunity to veto his recordings from appearing on CD, the GNR/Universal legal department aren't worth a damn.

Lastly, what is Universal suddenly doing helping Axl around and investing more money to the CD project through legal inquiries and such, while their line has for years has been that 'Axl's the one who'll finish the album, no matter the cost'. Had this so-called memo come from a party like LL Management with some additional fact-checking, I might've actually raised an eyebrow.

It didn't, so I won't.

Put this one in the books under BS.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
WARose wrote:

the guy, who posted this crap at CD.com said she just used "penelope fitzgerald" as a pseudonym, so you won`t prove him wrong....

I didn't realize the person felt they had to do that. To me bullshit like that proves it false even more.

Either way, my contact will be making some calls on Monday to find out if any of this information is true in any fashion. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it.

well how many execs can have these titles?

PR and Talent executive of Interscope A&M
Marketing And Resources of Geffen Records, Europe and Subsidiary.

i would find it kinda pointless to go under a pseudonym if you give away your job title 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

another thing....why remove names to preotect their privacy if they are using pseudonyms in the first place....duh! 17 16

Names have been taken out of the people's e-mails to protect privacy.

Sky Dog wrote:

what's amazing is that Mysteron or someone hasn't completely called this bullshit yet.:|

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

another thing....why remove names to preotect their privacy if they are using pseudonyms in the first place....duh! 17 16

Names have been taken out of the people's e-mails to protect privacy.

14 This just gets more and more ridiculous. Maybe this guy should discover girls...much more fun than creating hoaxes for "acceptance" at GNR forums.  Then again...he has a chance with hoaxes, girls may be another thing for hilm.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
madagas wrote:

what's amazing is that Mysteron or someone hasn't completely called this bullshit yet.:|

they don't bother with obvious shit like this

it's so obvious it's made up by a fan, it's scary. i only read the first paragraph and it was clear. all he forgot to say is gnr will rule the world again like they did in the 90's. come on. and people are still falling for this 17

Board footer