You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: new Baz interview..talking about Axl/GnR again

Axl S wrote:

russtcb wrote:

Wow...I just couldn't believe it when I saw two new threads saying Baz and Mick Wall both had something to say about CD....CRAZY! 16

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Baz says about who's drumming tho.

It's almost like we're getting news (hope I didn't jinx it)

Well the part about Brain is something useful and it's good to hear he'll be on CD.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

when does he say he`ll be touring with a big band featuring brain as the drummer??

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Baz, of the 4 albums you heard I'm guessing the one with CD on it is the most likely to be CD tongue

karma~! 16

Good to know Brain's work is intact, now if I just hear (for a definite) the same news about Bucket I will feel better about what may await.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Gunslinger wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Baz, of the 4 albums you heard I'm guessing the one with CD on it is the most likely to be CD tongue

karma~! 16

Good to know Brain's work is intact, now if I just hear (for a definite) the same news about Bucket I will feel better about what may await.

It's certainly not the defintite confirmation you were looking for but that guy from EMS who met Axl at some party or whatever it was last year said Axl told him BH would be on the album. I think all fingers point to BH being on the album, from Ron saying he mostly rerecorded some rhythm parts to Del saying GNR tried to rehire BH, his work is obviously still wanted by Axl or he wouldn't have tried to rehire him. Unless Ron went into the studio and eclipsed everything BH had done in the CD sessions then I think we'll hear BH on the album.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Baz actually says something of note. Brain does all the drumming for GN'R on the albums. That is a huge relief for me. I hope it stays that way.

That is definitely music to my ears. We know that BBF and Frank made "minor" additions to the album, and it sounds like those additions were very minor.

Looks like BBF and Frank are mainly touring members.

Don't you find that a bit odd though, how can a drummer only make a minor addition? I don't imagine Frank and Brain both drum on the same song, two drummers on one song is pointless. You've gotta assume Frank drums on at least one track in full, but that's more than a minor addition to me. What's a minor addition, does Frank hit the symbol for every 3rd line of the chorus in Prostitute or something? It seems kind of pointless to have him on the album at all if that's what his contributions amount to.

Good to know Brain's work is still in tact on the album 9

I think Ron will appear more prominently on the album than Frank does, Frank's always seemed more of a stop gap until Brain returns imo. Whereas Ron is an out and out replacement for someone who left 4 years ago. It remains to be seen how much of his work will be on CD or any albums after that (I suspect if Ron sticks around he will appear much more on later albums) but he his now the lead guitarist of GNR along with Robin. Frank's the guy filling in for Brain.

Didnt Frank said he drums on two songs on CD
If gnr made any songs after brain left they one would think that is the stuff Frank would be on.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

I'm sure that Brain would rather chill until the album came out than doing a brief stint in Japan. But he is awesome and glad to hear he's on the album.

I hope that the big band turns out to be GNR and that this album will finally come out around July. *Here's hopin*

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Again, I wouldn't put any stock into what Baz says. I mean, he was going on in some interview about how stupid people are for not believing the albums coming because he's heard it and it's (ofcourse) amazing. Now he doesn't even know what songs are gonna be on the album?

Exactly.  Nobody in the GnR camp has any credibility anymore outside of BBF, and he's been reeled in as well.  I can't wait to hear his story when he leaves the band, but unfortunately, he seems like too cool a guy to go off on his views of the bullshit.

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Interesting he said some new revelations instead of more of the same when his album was coming out.

APE good point! big_smile

The situation with Brain has always been a thorn in my side.   I just don't understand the deal with that at all.   I was one that believed he was out for good and the latest quote from Brain is he is trying to get back in GNR.   Now it's confirmed they didn't replace any of his parts, I guess it would have cost too much money or taken too much time not to mention there is probably no reason to replace his parts.  Strange situation but I guess I shouldn't be surprised everything is strange.

axl is no dummy. brain is one of the best drummers out there. he stays on the cd and i figured he would all the way along. as for ron, my guess is that he wont be on it much at all. bh stuff has to stay on the cd as well. he pretty much replaced all bh's parts for the tours. axl wouldnt replace bh's work, no way...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Brain owns.

Board footer