You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: new Baz interview..talking about Axl/GnR again

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Again, I wouldn't put any stock into what Baz says. I mean, he was going on in some interview about how stupid people are for not believing the albums coming because he's heard it and it's (ofcourse) amazing. Now he doesn't even know what songs are gonna be on the album?

I know what you mean, but in Baz's defense when he was on Eddie Trunk with Bumble and others, Bumblefoot was talking how they stayed up until late in the morning listening to the album.

Baz also talked about having Axl play him the record after he recorded "Sorry". Then there was that party in 2006 where Axl played a near finished version of the album at his party.

So, Baz has heard some stuff. Probably more than what will be on 'Chinese Democracy'. I doubt Axl showed him a tracklist and was like, "okay Sebastian, memorize this or you can't be my friend".

Not to mention that Baz was hitting the juice pretty hard during the 2006 tour. And I don't expect all the songs to be like Better and IRS where it repeats the song title over and over.

So this gives credence to what Baz says. Regardless of how valid it ends up being, it's someone talking about the album which is something no one has done in a long time. And for that I'm grateful.

Hopefully we can hear something from GNR soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow 4 albums worth!!! Hope it comes out one day!

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

Regardless of how valid it ends up being, it's someone talking about the album which is something no one has done in a long time. And for that I'm grateful.

solid point....take him seriously or not...Baz is doing what gnr should be....he's at least talking....sounding like a broken record....that's for sure...but when there's nothing else....we might as well have that...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Brain just played with Buckethead in San Francisco the other night. So if Brain is coming back, would BH? I doubt it. Just throwing it out there.

elmir

elmir wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yeah but talking has always meant nothing from this band. From the press release announcing Slash's departure to Beta's "everyone knows that" statement, nothing anyone has said has made this album come closer to release.

nothing for the album, but it built these communities....that's what rumors did over the past 15 years....they built these forums....

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir

elmir wrote:
bigbri wrote:

would BH? I doubt it. Just throwing it out there.

yup, he would....one thing that CR article revealed is that if the negotiator is good enough, BH can be convinced...if he likes Axl as much as he does, he will return...

he'll need some serious incentive...(big bucks, album's release date confirmed by Universal, video shoot date set, tour confirmed)...and some other weird and wonderful things....but i wouldn't rule it out...

perhaps Brain "working on getting back" is a little bit of an insightful statement from him.....what is there to "work" on other than remuneration and tour schedule...?

perhaps royalties?

or could it be something (read: someone) else....?

elmir

elmir wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Good point. I enjoy alot of the forums I've been a part of through the years.

imagine what kind of a book that would be....every tom, dick and mick releases a book on gnr nowdays....perhaps we should do one too....

"A House that Axl Built"

sic and madagas can do all the research and logic, we'll collect some of the best threads over the forums over the past 15 yrs, I'll lay it out and sort out the printing, and we'll ask Amazon to do the distribution...

we'll make a small fortune....

Board footer