You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Axl S wrote:

If this isn't true, best hoax ever. If this is true, then I hope it's not actually Dr Pepper doing this legit and it's part of a marketting campiagn. I'll say one thing it's an original way to adverties it.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I can verify this is real as well. Sorry, I can't post the e-mail I received or who I received it from, but this promotion is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT real. That's not to say that the band is involved in any way, shape, or form - but this is a real promo from the company.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If this is the band's doing, then looks like this might just be it, although even if this is it, it will derail at the most oportune moment.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 886&st=420

somone here should call the number and verify.  there are a lot of people now claiming to have called dr pepper and gotten verification that this is legit.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I just want to say: could this be Axl's alternative to fighting with the label for money on promotion?  If so, it's fucking insane on his part.  But with the news it has gathered already, it could turn out to be brilliant.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Well this is certainly one massive headfuck!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

My thoughts when I first heard this were - yes it's legit, but no it has absolutely nothing to do with the GN'R camp.  I just assumed that Dr Pepper were going to cash in on a very clever marketing campaign that will cost them nothing. 

On the flip side it simply once again makes GN'R look stupid by poking fun at them.  Given the fact that the thread on this has been deleted from the unofficially funded GN'R website, you tend to think it's simply been a pisstake on behalf of Dr Pepper.  Probably an early April fools joke that was let out of the bag early.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well its definately putting some serious exposure on the album if its on CNN and in the NY Post, thats for sure

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well Jarmo finally posted it himself with a message from Axl .... holy fucking hell yikes so i guess its real

and Buckethead will appear on CD as well so thats 2 rumors confirmed i guess

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

Board footer