You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Backslash wrote:

I'm predicting that if Robin is officially out of GNR (hopefully his website will shed light on that), the band and label will use it as yet another excuse to delay the album and not tour.

I also think there's absolutely no point for this band to tour without an album.  Release the album first, then tour... otherwise, give the public what it wants and reunite with an original lineup.  Sure, the die hards wouldn't like it, but it's not like GNR really cares anyway.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

madagas wrote:

exactly....the fact that they haven't squashed this thing like a bug is a BAD sign.:wtf:

While I don't take their silence as a good thing, it doesn't have to be bad. GN'R has history of letting bad or good rumours grow. In a way I think Axl believes that they hype up the fanbase and get people excited about the band.

Hopefully we'll get some info from Robin or Trent soon.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

After that, I don't give a shit as to what happens

Give this thing a couple of more years and I've spent my twenties waiting for this thing. When it's released I will probably be married, have a few kids and not being able to go to one damn show. I cant picture it all now. 17 16

So... This is what have been said:

Mysteron wrote:

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

Sky Dog wrote:

"No one close to GN'R seems to know anything"............not exactly a good sign.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

Why the negativity? When important band members leave for important bands we see delays delays and delays. Why? Call it guessing from 10 years experience.

No of course not, since no one seems to know shit, why worry? That's WHEN you worry!

Other members are doing small bands, solo projects. They're not joining a massive band like NIN for a tour either, its hardly a good comparison to make.

I don't buy this crap anymore. They can keep saying stuff like that up until the minute we get a confirmation that "Robin has left" or "Robin is just going on tour lasting the next 2 years" and then their tune just changes automatically to it. Same thing with BH. This guy talked a guy from his other projects and asked if BH was going to Lisbon with GNR in 04 and the guy said "I hardly think so" and these people are like "But GNR people haven't heard anything, don't worry, BH is still in the band" and a few weeks later "oh, nevermind, he left".

If Mysteron can't see why we're being negative/worried it just proves how far these management people are from being in touch with their fanbase. But then again, that's just me. And I'm not being negative, Im being worried about a situation that I see positivity in (except from fans seeing Robin playing again but that's not the point here)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

When Frank goes to sing karaoke it's posted on the HTGTH news section but Robin leaves (temporarily) for a nin tour and "no one close to GNR knows whats going on"?

Because they have no fucking clue.

It smells of a BH-esque departure, but I'm hoping Robin will come thru in the end and give us a proper explenation no matter what it is. I'm staying positive but I'm preparing for the worst. This band makes you do that after awhile. 16

The way BH left was an absolute disgrace and he should be ashamed. Hopefully Robin is a nice guy. Judging from the little I've understood from him online, he is quite weird but very smart and a nice person.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I also think there's absolutely no point for this band to tour without an album.

There wasn't any point to the last couple tours either.  Well, they were done to make money, but that's it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer