You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Rant Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

While we're picking on overhyped sports stars, Fuck Tom Brady, Fuck the Patriots, Fuck the Yankees and Fuck the Red Sox

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Ok on my mind this morning..please explain to me why if pepsi is giving away money to worthy causes that people vote for.....WHY oh WHY with all the sick kids and PEOPLE who need help are 3 out of the 4 top ideas (the #1 place ) in each money category for animals...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Because people are morons, and have an obsession with animals.

Years ago Kurt Russell did a celeb softball tournament (around 1989/90, something like that) to raise awareness for staving kids in Africa. Well the idea was that they were going to take all these goats, butcher them, so the starving families could eat.

He did it, and what was to be an annual thing, only happened once because of the shit storm he took over THE FUCKING ANIMALS. They're feeding starving kids, but he was an asshole over the animals getting killed.

Sometimes I think the PETA people have true blue mental disorders.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

So I'm driving home from work tonight and I see a shadowy figure in the corner of my eye.  Next thing I know, BAM!  A deer ran smack dab into the front of my car.  I hit the brakes but there was no avoiding the impact, and I probably hit it going about 40 mph.  It was a decent size too.  She bounced off to the other side of the road, but I'm guessing she didn't go much further than that.  It was as direct a hit as you can get.  Luckily I wasn't a little further along or the deer could've gone through my windshield.

The car was completely driveable and I was a little surprised that the damage wasn't as bad as I had imagined.  Though I will need to get it fixed, so I'll probably have to use my $500 deductible.  Why should I have to pay when a deer runs into me?  Shouldn't the deer's insurance company take care of that?  Maybe I should've stopped after I hit her and exchanged insurance information.  Well, at least I'm alive.  I can't say the same for sure about the deer.

One final thought.  I fully support deer hunting.  Get out there and shoot these MF'ers.  They do more harm than good in my eyes.  I've got a buddy who's into deer hunting and I told him he needs to get his ass up north to take care of the situation.  I can't be taking them out one by one with my car.  That's not the solution I'm looking for.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well if you are willing to pay for 0 deductible then you r owuld have to pay for the $500

glad you are ok smile

remember that this whole country was "Deer Land" before people arrived, natural runs were turned into highways, i understand you furstration, but to suggest wipe out a race of creatures is scary talk

in my city we just had a new highway put in and it was major deer area, for a year you could see them running through the City every once in a while you'd see one runing down the road in the middle of the day ... i think its sad

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Mmm Dear sausage, Scrambled eggs, cheese grits, cathead biscuits, Pear jam n sweet tea!

faldor

faldor wrote:

Well I'm not saying wipe them ALL out.  But seriously, there seem to be WAY too many roaming around.  So wiping quite a few of them out wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind.

I called to process the claim today and the lady I got was all business and by the book.  She asked if anyone was hurt in the accident.  I said, aside from the deer, NO.  She didn't react, so I could see where this was going.  I'm assuming she was just following rules and guidelines, but she asked me the oddest question towards the end. 

She asked me, "so the deer you hit was a wild deer?  It wasn't someone's pet or anything?"

Seriously?  Can that question possibly be in the handbook?  Is it legal to keep deer as pets?  And if it was, how in the hell would I know if it was someone's pet.  "Well, the owner was walking the deer on a leash, when it just got away and ran out in front of my car.  I hit the deer, but avoided the deer's owner". 

I mean honestly.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

While we're picking on overhyped sports stars, Fuck the Yankees

Fixed that for you.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah faldor, it's nothing personal against you Boston guys. Some of my best friends are Red Sox, Pats, Boston-origin people... but even you have to know the media beats the love fest with them to death. Even worse in New York, as you know.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah faldor, it's nothing personal against you Boston guys. Some of my best friends are Red Sox, Pats, Boston-origin people... but even you have to know the media beats the love fest with them to death. Even worse in New York, as you know.

Well, in fairness.  You only hear so much about them because they're good teams.  You don't hear all that much about the Mets these days.  Because they suck.

Board footer