You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Rant Thread

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah...i'd say civil is the way to go...wouldn't like start shit with her over or anything.

In terms of being friendly - then that's a mixed bag.

On one hand in the past I've become friends with a couple of girls I was originally interested in and the frienships have become rewarding and valuable to my life.

On the other hand, depending on how well you compartamentalise these things, if you were really keen on her - becoming a close friend sets you up for endless jealousy, heartache and that general bullshit situation that develops when some hot girl will cry to you about how she can't get laid right or that guys she meets are assholes all the while ignoring that you're actually the kind of guy that would be good to her. Don't want to get into that...not only will it fuck you up...but it also makes you less likely to meet a girl who can give you what you need as you become emotionally attached to an impossible situation.

So my advice would be to be vaguely friendly, but do not let the friendship get anyway from anything that you wouldn't do for a bro. If she's happy to have strung you along on standby she could easily try and con you into a one-way friendship.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Do I act friendly, or do I be a prick and make things awkward, I don't know.

i see no reason to act like a prick towards her especially since it sound like you need to see her on a daily basis @ work ... i'd continue on as before and maybe you still have a shot

sometimes girls are clueless to this type of thing maybe its an honest mistake? if things go south with her new beau maybe you can make your feelings more easily known?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Right, so a girl I work with, I've been flirting with for a couple of months, we've gone to lunches together, we email, facebook, facebook poke, phone texts, she has even sent me photos of herself (nothing rude, but still!) etc etc, and I've been trying to get her to go out with me, because all of that stuff to me indicates that hey, SHE LIKES ME. Right?

But tonight, she updates her facebook status that she's in a relationship with another guy. What the fuck? Seriously???
If she was doing all that and she's NOT interested in me, what the fuck, really?

No wonder it's so hard being a single guy these days.

Facebook poking...really??

Been there my friend (not the poking...)

Some women think they can pull all of those stunts, either out of pure naivety or simply because they like the attention and can't say no.

If I was that guy she's with now, I would be seriously wondering what the fuck is her deal if I had know she was building up something with you at the same time as I was doing the same thing to her. She would have a couple of things to explain...

Chicks are for fags.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I know Facebook poking doesn't mean shit, but it is another example of the constant contact we've had with each other, which apparently doesn't mean anything other than "hey, we're just friends".

Have been texting her a bit back and forth today, once I kinda cooled down from my initial pissed off reaction.

She reckons she was only ever being friendly with me, and apologised for leading me on, if she did.
She said she's been seeing this guy for the last month, just dating, and it got serious over the weekend. (but hey, in the meantime, apparently it was ok to text me and send photos with her new hairdo etc etc???)

She's adamant that she hasn't done anything wrong, and reckons she never saw me other than anything as just friends.

Women are fucking cunts, even when they don't mean to be.

DCK

DCK wrote:

LOL, yeah what the fuck is that?

Some girl sent me a picture of her in a wet towel once, coming out of the shower. I was wondering what that was about. She insisted we were just friends and that there could be nothing more after I asked. I wasn't very interested anyway, but it just goes to show. If I had been into her I would for sure think it's was a done deal she was into me to when she sends pics like that.

There's plenty of those cunts around, thinking they can do shit like this and in their minds make it up to be simply a friend thing even if she sends out all the signals.

Anyway, she's not worth any time if you ask me. If you got her in the end, she would obviously still pull these tricks on other guys, so it's not a loss in my book, it was a simple confirmation she sucks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I know Facebook poking doesn't mean shit, but it is another example of the constant contact we've had with each other, which apparently doesn't mean anything other than "hey, we're just friends".

Have been texting her a bit back and forth today, once I kinda cooled down from my initial pissed off reaction.

She reckons she was only ever being friendly with me, and apologised for leading me on, if she did.
She said she's been seeing this guy for the last month, just dating, and it got serious over the weekend. (but hey, in the meantime, apparently it was ok to text me and send photos with her new hairdo etc etc???)

She's adamant that she hasn't done anything wrong, and reckons she never saw me other than anything as just friends.

Women are fucking cunts, even when they don't mean to be.

All that means is that she wanted you in her back pocket, and she found a guy she wanted to hook up with more, and she knew you'd be there on a rainy day in case it didn't work out.

That's exactly how I was treated. Except when the rainy day came, she got a glorious 'fuck off'.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm a really nice guy (despite what some might think), and i'll take a bit of shit... but when someone does that to me, I just get sheer enjoyment out of being an absolute dick from that point forward.

So as far as that "being cordial" thing... you can do what you want... me, i'd love to be a dick on a daily basis to her.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I support being a dick.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

King Dick sez...

axl-rose-playboy-bunnies.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see it as one of three senarios:

1. She was actually casually going on dates with a few people at once looking to make a connection. Unfortunately for you the other guy got over the line and she fell for him first. Sucks real bad..but it's just bad luck..another time you'll be the one.

2. She's one of those girls who befriends guys who are reasonably nice people while dating assholes. These girls will put you into friendzone, then operate seemingly oblivious to your own masculinity and sexuality. Get changed in front of you, complain to you that they can't orgasm with their guy or that he's a jerk or soemthing. It's all legit as you're "friends". Which isn't to say guys and girl can't be friends - but it's tough if they forget you're a human male. It's sort of insensitive IMO.  If you make a move they'll brush you off instantly and act like you're insane. If it gets out of control you'll be doing the favours, like driving her places, cleaning up her life disasters and tears while some other dude is the boyfriend. It's funny i'm ranting on this as actually most of my best friends are girls and our friendhsips are properly balanced so I'm totally cool with that - but it's easy to end up in a destructive/abusive 'friendship' just as it is a relationship.

3. She really is confused about the line between friendship/flirting and did it by accident. I think this happens to some very good looking people. Because pretty much everyone is trying to get into their pants all the time - they're used to people flirting with them and so they start to percieve that kind of interaction as just default normal behaviour and normal. The kind of girl that gets free stuff everywhere she goes and thinks that it's just because all the male clerks were nice and has no conception that you or I would be paying full price wink

So to be generous it might have been that she really did never mean to lead you on...but yeah...you'd think sending photos of her to you would tip her off that you're attracted...unless there was some kind of friendship based reason for it.

Board footer